1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard light harness question?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by tonyd77, Mar 8, 2008.

1. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

Here is the story. A friend of mine purchased a 810 blizzard off a 1986 f-250 that was about three years old. This will be the first used blizzard he has purchased and it was in great shape. We visited our local blizzard dealer and purchased the truck side frame and mike at pro image in manchester NH sold us a updated light harness with better relays the only problem was he was not sure how to mate the new harness to the old power cable. Mike was pretty sure that there would be two extra wires one black and one green with a yellow stripe. The green with the yellow stripe coming from the power harness or control box I though for sure would be a power wire and I would have to ground the black wire. When I checked the green with yellow from the control box it becomes a ground wire when you turn the switch to plow lights. There is no power or ground coming from the green with yellow stripe or the black wire from the light harness. I would assume the light harness needs power to switch from the truck lights to the plow lights? Not sure if anyone has run into this problem adding the new light harness to the older syle power harness? Any help would be great. For the record the guys at Pro Image have been great I talked to there mechanic but he only installs the updated equiptment and was unsure on mixing the two cables.

2. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

light harness conversion

I guess after working on the truck today I have learned that the relays will not switch over until you connect the turn signal and parking light wires. Still not sure how to switch from truck side to plow lights. The only way I can get this to happen is if I put power to the green with yellow wire from the light harness side. The control box sends a ground through the green and yellow cable. Hope this helps anyone struggling with the same situation.

P.S I have told several of my friends about this site and have found you guys to be a huge help in answering some difficult questions. Thanks for your help, hope someday I might be able to help someone as well. Thanks