1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard joystick mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bonzai, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

Does any one have a picture of how they mounted the joystick control to the door. I am used to the controller on the left side and would like to be able to mount this controller and still be able to open my door without disconnecting it. Yes I have already done a search and found nothing on this.

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Check this thread. The pictures didn't load for me, but if I remember right, it's what you're lookin for.

3. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

That would be the thread Pelican, thanks, but the pictures would not load for me either. Any idea why?
    Thanks I'll keep trying.

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

No clue, unless the file was lost. I'm not much of a computer geek.

5. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

thread loaded fine for me with no problems

6. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

hriderca
    Did you also get all the pictures of the joystick mount because I still can't.:(

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Me niether

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Bonzai, from what I remember the owner bent up sheet metal in a kind of Z shape, with a lip that dropped into the window channel for support. He mounted the joystick to that, it was located so he could operate it from the arm rest.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  9. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

Thanks Pelican
    I'm going to see what our shop foreman can come up with. I had hoped for a few pictures to help him out but am sure he will come up with something that works
    Thanks for your help:waving:

10. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Bonzai, Picts of the bracket on the straight blade literature and on the web site for Blizzard. Jerre

11. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

I put a thread out there where I put a meyers slick stick or what ever they called it in the door but could not get pictures on site. Since someone brought it up I will try to post pictures again. It is mounted right in door top not with metal plate like they sell. I also had to make my own wiring harness up to tie in with control box so they both worked. I will try to post Mon. night. This was in a ford I don't know if it will fit in a chevy or dodge.