1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard is no more

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Ray, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

"Unless you’ve been living under a rock you’ve probably already heard about the combination of SnowEx and Blizzard. For diehard Blizzard guys I understand this new change is confusing, disruptive and logistically a problematic, however Douglas had to make a tough choice and SnowEx was the clear winner. In Douglas’ defense SnowEx’s branding recognition was exponentially higher than Blizzard and SnowEx was only selling salters!
    In reality nothing has really changed besides the name. SnowEx still has all the comparable models that Blizzard had and Blizzard parts will still be available for at least 7 years."

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Huh, when did that happen?

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

When you were under your rock.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe they'll use a different paint on these. With Blizzard they rusted on the way to the dealers.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Dude, I missed it too.

6. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

I guess they should have never sold the first time

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

I kno mine did

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have yet to see a decent powder coat paint job that lasts.

9. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

I Agree !!! …. Mark …… On Any Brand of Plow …… be luck if the Paint lasts 1/2 of a season …… Hmmmpf !!!

10. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Uh-oh! Will I still exist ...? :dizzy: Maybe MJD can change my screen name before I disappear like that picture of Marty's sister in "Back to the Future"

Hey MJD can you help me ..........

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It was hard reading ur post, the ink was fading.

Don't change it to GM, Chevy or anything like that. you'll just have the same problem in a short period

12. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Stainless moldboards don't rust... Lighter too....

13. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Guys they are not blizzards.

They are western clones that they made changes to the lift and ribs. So no more metal cutting edges on the wings. Light weight is the name of the game for them.

Down sides. If you prefer blizzard over western, your screwed. Plus side, looks like all of snowexs plows will have down pressure. No clue what things will come out of this. But looks like the best plow on the market just got vaporized.

14. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Down pressure??

15. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The new Snowex "blizzard"

16. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Video shows and says metal cutting edges on the wings, that's a plus;)

17. Just got off the phone with my dealer, no down pressure, same moldboard, same cutting edge, different hook to truck, looks like a western ears and blizzard hook. Same wiring but need snowex controller....also moved valve body up, Nd finally switches near headlights to get away from bottom.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  18. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

alittle different here and there . Dont get it . Not sure about the dark grey , have enough trouble people not seeing my red western ,Dont think i would like something that dark . Noybodys going to see it after the first plowing when the stickers wear off.

19. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Please disregard this post. There are no true statements in this post other than the opening line.