1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Introduces First Eight-Foot Snowplow Designed for Half-Ton Trucks

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Michael J. Donovan, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Blizzard Snowplows, a leading manufacturer of snow and ice removal equipment, today announced the 8000LT straight-blade snowplow, the first eight-foot snowplow specifically designed for use on half-ton pickup trucks.

The 8000LT is a light, rugged snowplow designed for homeowners and light commercial applications, combining Blizzard’s benchmarks of durability and performance with a new, lightweight design that fits most half-tons.

“We’re constantly working to give our customers the options they want,” said Steve Dewey, North American sales manager for Blizzard Snowplows. “By introducing the increased productivity of an eight-foot straight-blade to our half-ton customers, they can now choose the best snowplow to fit their needs.”

Additional features of the new Blizzard 8000LT include a flared moldboard for increased snow-rolling action; durable, continuous welded seams; and a convenient, removable light tower.

The Blizzard 8000LT is available wherever Blizzard Snowplows are sold. For more information, visit www.blizzardplows.com.

2. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Is the moldboard interchangeable with the 760LT?

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Not plug and play. The 8000 is built off the same platform as the 7600. Lighter weight version of the 760LT. Quadrants are different too. Little fab and it can be done though.

J

4. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

I'll stick with the 760LT

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Would a 760sw be more producive in most applications? I did go to the blizzard site for the first time in quite a while and saw the storm chaser lights! Are those available for all blizzards? If so do they pug right in? Anyways it's nice to see more new products come from blizzard !!! , shaun

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The storm chasers are not plug and play on the older plows. The "new" Blizzards have an iso module I believe.

7. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

I assume they won't work on my 720LT?