1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard install on 2012 Ram

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by dixiejwo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. dixiejwo

dixiejwo Junior Member

Hey all-

Just picked my 2012 Ram Hemi last weekend and I'm scheduled to have an 8000HD installed next week. My first Dodge and my first Blizzard :D replacing my F250 PSD / Meyer rig.

Along the bottom of the steel bumper on my truck is a plastic deflector maybe 4-8 inches high. You can sort of see it in this picture (obviously not my truck):

[​IMG]

Anyhow the Blizzard dealer says they usually notch out that plastic piece to make room for the mount. My inclination was to remove it completely. I haven't looked hard a truck set up for a Blizzard so I can't visualize what the truck-side hardware looks like or how that notch would be.

What do you guys think, cut it or remove it? Anyone here running a Blizzard on a new Ram?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

We run a 2010 Ram with and 810. We only keep our trucks 2-3yrs tops so we always remove the plastic and store it, then put it back on b4 its traded or sold.

3. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

I would remove some dealers do a crappy job of notching Thumbs Up

4. dixiejwo

dixiejwo Junior Member

Good point, there's no guarantee I'll sell the truck and plow together this time and a notch - especially a bad one - will look pretty crappy.

I'll pull the plastic off this weekend.