1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Info?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by wildbl1500, Jul 21, 2007.

1. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Here's the background... I found a used '04 Ram 2500 Quad Cab, the dealer also sells Blizzard plows.
    Living in Maine- diehard Fisher country- I only have experience with Fishers and the Blizzard website sucks. Do the Blizzard's lights stay on the truck when the plow is off- like a Diamond, or do they come off like my Fisher? What are the differences between the Fishers and a straight blade HD Blizzard?

Thanks

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When you remove the plow the lights do stay on the truck. If you want to remove the lights you pull 2 pins to take the headlight frame off. You also have to unhook the wiring. I can't help with the difference in plows. The only Blizzards I have seen are SW or the 810.

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.blizzardplows.com/pdf/straight_blade.pdf

12 gauge steel on the blizzard. i got that far. lighter weight than fisher.set up looks nice. i trust fisher. i also know if i really pissed off i can drive up to rockland and give them hell in person. blizzard it says transport speed cannot exceed 45 m.p.h and plowing speed cannot exceed 10 m.p.h.
    dont remember seeing that on a fisher manual before...... now why exactly does it matter how fast i drive with the plow on the truck
    ??????? nope. go fisher.....
    though i like the white color of blizzard. i always thought the fisher yellow was good so the plow stands out for saftey reasons. that blizzard white would match my truck nicley though..........

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  4. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

from what i have heard, blizzards are very nice plows. There are a few guys on here that rave about them, and they are experienced pros. They are very efficient with the wings and scrape very well because of the weight of the pump system on the a-frame. They mount easy. Also, most companies recommend not exceeding 45 in transport because of the hazards with all the weight on the front end, and 10 plowing because then they can avoid warranty claims if someone rams into a curb or snowbank at 40 mph. All this coming from a fisher guy :)

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The only thing the Fisher can do better then Blizzard is short chain. The Power Plows flat out make you money. As far as rugged I would put my 810 up against any plow out there.
    I wouldnt worry about any Blizzard product.

6. truckie36

truckie36 Member

If you come to an abrupt stop while plowing over 10mph you may deploy your air bags. There is probably a safety margin built into that warning, I'm not sure what the minimum speed is required to activate the SRS.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Generally it's around 12-15 mph but there are other factors beside vehicle speed that dictate SRS deployment, like deceleration speed and impact force. I've never seen an SRS deploy due to a plowing mishap but I wouldn't say it's not possible given the right conditions.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  8. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

OleTower Here! I DONO?? Blizzard now having been Bought Out! & as I bought a Blizzard OFF a Dodge & wanted to Install IT on my 96 Ford F-350--I wrote-INTERNET-to Blizzard--requesting Availability? & Prices on Frame mounting pieces? to Do the Change over!--heres what I Received for a REPLY?--SORRY--YOU have to BUY an Entire PLOW!--& Blizard Added!--Our Plows range from $4,000 to $6500 --& We need the Exact Weight of Your TRUCK!-- I DONO? as an Ole GUY from the Ole School of asking Questions? & getting Help?--Here We Are in a World Wide WAR--fighting on Two Fronts--Affy Land & Iraq--& having worked many yrs in re-building EMERGANCY Vehicles--Fire Trucks--Ambalances--Wreckers & Snow Removal Equipment--all of the Above! are EMERGANCY Equipment--to ME its NO!! Wonder! AMERICAS in Big TRUOUBLE!--w/all the Politicians NOT doing their JOB!--& Argueing about Petty Issues!--& all WE SEE on World Wide TV--Is Celebrities Dying from Drug over Doses!--Kids being Kidnapped from the Bed Rooms & Family get Togethers--Raped & Murdered--& Corpeate America!--Fisher & Western Buying Out Blizzard--& WE--BLIZZARD won*t SELL YOU the small $$ Parts You Need!-But WE WILL SELL YOU an Entire NEW PLOW!--for $4,000 to $6.500 American Dollars! I Guess? they Don*t REALIZE?? a number of things? ONE--Were at WAR!--TWO--Buying Out the Best Plow on the Market -TODAY!-to Protect their investmant having a lower QUALITY Product--I*D like to have been a Fly on the WALL at Both their Board Mettings!--before the BUY Out!--as to ME! BLIZZARDS New Customer Realations leaves a Lot to Be DESIRED! as their Stiff Arming their Customers!-PERIOD!-- NO! Problem--I*LL Fabricate what I Inquired them About!--the Frame Mounting Pieces!--& as An OLE GUY in the Design & Fabracation Business in Making All of the Above Mentioned EMERGANCY Vehilces Stronger & More Durable--& w/ Great personal PRIDE! I put My Name on All My WORK!--& GARRANTEE IT--even IF? YOU ABBUSE IT--I*LL re-Pair IT!!--in My personal DISAPOINTMENT in referance to my chatting w/ BLIZZARD & their Customer Relations DEPT?? & Seeing I allredy Have a BLIZZARD! & Know about What? has to be Done! to COPY a Great Product & the Very SMALL Modifications Necessary to Manufacture such a Product w/ NO Legal Problems!--BLIZZARD--WESTERN & FISHER are in Deep Do! DO!--as I*M going to Chat w/ the EXPERTS I Do KNOW! & the BIG MONEY GUYS & lets SEE? what Happens??--as I*M NOT a Design Engineer but if? You make a Drawing -I*LL BUILD IT-- & YES! BLIZZARD Slamming the Customer Realiions DOOR in My FACE!--PISSED ME OFF!!--& WE All WONDER? Why? Americas in TROUBLE?? -Well Now YOU Know! --Ole Tower--

9. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I have ran just about every plow on the market at one time or another then about 4 years ago I made the switch to Blizzard. I can't say I have ever had a problem with any of my plows that wasn't handled in a respectable amount of time or in a respectable manner. My Blizzard dealer has ALWAYS bent over backwards to work with me and I can't say I have ever met anyone who doesn't need to open a spec. book at some point and time to give you the right answer until I dealt with him. He tell's me it's the thourough training that Blizzard demands from their dealers. I've dealt with Blizzard direct as well and if you have an issue with them call Neal Hendrickson at Blizzard, he will make sure your taken care of.

10. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Purpleranger519--Do You know? If Neal Hendricksons Stil w/ Blizzard? as Personally I couldn*t Beleive?? the Reply I received from Blizzard --their QUOTE--SORRY YOU will have to BUY a Complete Plow--& Prices are from--$$ to $$ Money --OleTower--

11. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Jim,

Neal's still with the Niemelas but not with Blizzard any more. As far as your mount problem. I've got mounts in stock that will fit your truck.

All you need is the 31036 mount kit and the head light adapters should be the same as your Dodge.

Sorry to hear that you've had the same experience with the "New" support and tech staff as many others have since the change at Blizzard.

Phone and email are always on for help for plows.

Jerre

12. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Jerre can You send ME a photo of the Kit? whats the PRICE? & can It be Shipped? by Fed-X or UPS? THANKS --JIM--& Please contact Me OFF List at OleTower@WEBTV.NET

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  13. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Jim, on the way, Jerre