1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard identification

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjjn06, Dec 13, 2011.

1. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Have a used Blizzard 810. I would like to download the manual for and get ready for the upcoming season. Looking the plow over, I did not see any identification tags or stickers on the plow. Where should they be?

2. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

I believe I found the correct manual, but still have not found any identification markings.

If there are any blizzard dealers watching, please PM me.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

put a picture up of the back of the blade, and the manifold.

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yep, as well as one of the wing cylinders where the hoses hook up. We can at least tell generation by that.

5. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

I in fact have not found the "exact" manual for this unit... but it is close.

6. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

The retract hose is 1/4" and the extend hose is 3/8".

Tried to upload the pictures, but they kept failing. Will try again tom. :realmad:

7. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

requested pictures

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

ok,,a question for you....the hyd. tank, what size bolts are they. the 4 that hold it to the pump. are they 5/16 ir 1/4 heads? and do you have 2 or 4 hoses going to the wing cylinders?

9. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

that is a newer one maybe 4 or 5 years old the last ones had both larger hoses going to the wings the decal was in the lower left side

10. dieselss

I dont think so. I just looked at mine, the stickers are exactly the same. The newer ones have the sticker in the middle and none on the pass side. The newer 2nd gen had 2 different hose sizes going to the wings (mine did and I changed them) I think its a mid 2000's model. but the nut size will help me out more.

11. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Bolts are 1/4"
    Four hoses, extend is 3/8" and retract 1/4".

12. dieselss

another thing I noticed is the gnd wire. I know it can be changed but look where its bolted at. the newer ones we have at work bolt in a different local. my 03 bolts right there as well.

13. dieselss

ok,,yours is probally a 2001-2004 05 they changed a few things that yours dosent have. try the 2003 on the blizzard website, that might get you in the ballpark.

14. dieselss

Four hoses, extend is 3/8" and retract 1/4". but only 2 per side correct???

15. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

Correct, 2 hoses per cylinder.

16. dieselss

ok,,,then about a 2001-2004 i would bet

17. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

I downloaded the 2003 model year manual. It appears to be correct (at least what I have look at it thus far).

Thanks for the help guys!

18. dieselss

thats what i was going to suggest, but not 100% correct. have any specific issues??? might need to move this to the blizzard fourm

19. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

No, no specific "issues" at the moment. Pulled it out and blew some hoses. I try and keep manuals of all our equipment in the shop and quick lists of most wear parts for quick ordering. I also try and keep extra hoses and stuff in the shop and/or trucks.

I was thinking of posting in the Blizzard forum of ways people help extend the life of there hoses. IE what they use to keep them from rubbing and such.... I think I will do that now.

20. dieselss

ok,,,some info for you....I replaced the wing hoses with the same size, so theres only 1 hose to keep. have to buy a couple extra fittings but its not that much. hoses rubbing, some old heater hose around the opening or the hoses and some zip ties. i think i used 1/4 fuel line on the d-frame opening where the hoses run through