1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard ice chaser

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fisher guy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

as some of u guys know i was suppose to get a fisher poly caster put on my truck for $4200 out the door well my boss just called me and told me he can get a blizzard ice chaser for $3,995 from portsmouth ford in NH he told me to check it out and see if its worth it. Anyone on here have any expierence with this thing good reviews, bad reviews what u guys think? weve never used any blizzard products so this will be new to us and we also plan to run sand salt mix 50/50 through it thanx in advance

2. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

3. fisher guy

ok thanx i wasnt sure if used cheaper parts in em or something otherwise i would just being paying for the name and the color if we went with the fisher

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, that's the same. I would buy from the guy that can service it for you. I had a couple of problems early on with mine, I was glad I bought from a plow shop. I'm not sure that an auto dealer service dept would be as familiar with the equipment and have the pull with the tech departments. I would think you could get the price matched on the Fisher. Remember, you are using this to make money.

5. fisher guy

the fisher dealer in salem recommends this deal lol its a lil closer not by much and we also go through different company's to work on our stuff unless there covered under warranty aka welding shops our own part-time mechanic who works for the town full time for the small stuff (hes cheap) and our own full time diesel mechanic for the big stuff (hes expensive but damn he could do anything). we looked at the place right down the road but there insane they want like 4995 for the poly caster so the only thing we use them for is parts since they're close and we can get parts in a middle of a storm