1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Ice chaser

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dakota2004, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

I have been looking for comments on how the electric poly sander throws material. I am looking at the Blizzard ice chaser. I know they spread salt, but how do they spread sand or wet sand salt mix???? any comments will be great, and please tell me for those who used it how works.

2. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I have a guy that pushes with us that has one and from what I have seen it's just like any other electric/poly spreader....they spread salt awesome and they spread dry sand/salt mix great too. The wet stuff you need to be careful not to overfill the hopper because you'll end up shoveling it out.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

One thing I don't like is Fisher, Western and Blizzard dont come with an inverted V, its an option you can buy.....if the sales person remembers it. Thats a lot of weight on the chain system. Like I said in another post, I looked at quite a few different ones and decided on the DownEater 2yrd poly. I do like DD's design of the hinged lids.