1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard ice chaser spinner spins too fast

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by LTLANDSCAPING, Jan 10, 2015.

1. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

I have a 2013 blizzard ice chaser 2.5 yard. When I turn it on the lowest setting for both conveyor and spinner, the spinner is turning way too quickly. It is throwing material 10-12' on EACH side of the truck. I have a 2009 fisher polycaster 1.8 yard spreader, basically the same thing and when that spreader is on the first setting for the spinner and conveyor it is going slow enough that you can count the revolutions of the spinner, hence I have much better control where I'm putting the salt. Any ideas on how to slow down my spinner on my newer spreader. I have not tried contacting blizzard or Douglas dynamics yet.

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

I think the only thing that would cause this is a defective module. Dealer should take care of this one. Let us know if they will not.

3. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

My buddy is having the same issue. Both spreaders were purchased from same dealer. Is there a way to confirm a defective module?

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

Not really. There is a chance it could be the controller too. The only way to check is to plug in a known good controller. The module is what regulates the power output to the spinner and conveyor motor. In the past when I have lost use or control of the spinner function, I have moved the spinner power wire over to the conveyor post on the module. Closing the gate almost all the way then gave me the ability to slow the spinner and conveyor way down but not have a huge amount of material come out when I sped up the spinner and conveyor.

5. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

I'll test the controller from the other truck and let you know what that does.

6. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

With the other controller plugged, it still spins fast so it must be a bad module. What's your number so I can have my dealer call you. He is a new dealer and may not be aware of this issue. Thanks, zack 203-233-6711

7. bliz&hinikerDLR

Zack,
    Your dealer should contact his distributor or Blizzard technical support. If you still have problems let me know and I will be sure someone from Blizzard contacts you.