1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard guy looking at a v

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sven1277, Aug 12, 2008.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Adding a new truck to the fleet this year. Currently I run a hiniker c-plow on a 3/4 ton for residential, a blizzard 8611lp on the mason dump for commercial and a blizzard 810ss on the asv. One truck I am seriously considering is an already built fuso fg with a Boss V at the local Mitsu dealer. Personally, I prefer blizzards to v's. but this is a good buy. I know that guys who run v's love em. Tell me why. Thanks for the informative feedback.
  2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i like mine because of the versatility, you have the option to windrow like straight blades, can put it in scoop similar to the blizzard and carry snow and stack and when it gets deep you have the ability to bust things open in V which makes things easier. also i like boss' quality and i have good dealer support.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What you will miss is the clean scraping of the Blizzard.

You would like the speed of the hydros on the Boss.

As for using it for breaking drifts, haven't found one yet that I couldn't get through with my Blizzards.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I love mine for many reasons.

1 speedy hydros (you can accually shake snow of the plow and shake the truck if you are good with the controller.)
    2 versitlity
    3 fast hook up to the truck
    4 great reliable equpiment
    5 very user friendly
  5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

This sums it up. If I had to run only one plow, it would be the Blizzard, but the Boss certainly has it's place. I can't fit the Blizzard through some of the drive-through McDonald's or some of the residential driveways where the V fits when folded.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The time saved cleaning up is great too.