1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard, Fisher, Western....They all look the same

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jelinek61, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

I was wondering why they all three brands are starting to look exactly the same (Blizzard, western, and fisher). If you look at their websites they all have the same format. They all have the same poly V hopper truck spreader, the blizzard style extendable power plow, and the same headlight design. Are all three brands owned by the same company now? It seems that they just paint a new product a different color and badge it with one of the names. Kinda strange. They could get rid of the other two brands and just go with one super company and compete with Boss much better.

Here's some pics to show the similarities.....

722.jpg

1590.jpg

1223.jpg

1394.jpg

1190.jpg

2. exmark

exmark Senior Member

The same company owns all three brands.

3. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

4. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

I thought they might be.....just seems stupid to have the exact same products with some different paint. Kinda takes away from the different brands recognition. I guess if they can make a ton of money with reduced engineering costs their gonna do it.

5. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

Each one has their own little twist on their plows. Fisher has the trip edge, western and blizzard are full trip. Blizzard is direct lift, fisher and western are chain lift. So you can pick the combo of features and colors that best suits you.

6. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

marketing marketing marketing why make 3 different plows when you can make just one and put different stickers,paint, and a price tag and make even more money?????

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Plow markets are very localized, and most buyers are very loyal to a brand/color. Trying to sell a Red or White plow up here would be very difficult.

There's more than a few folks around here that would likely have an heart attack if they knew those other two brands were being built in the same shop as there precious yellow chain hung plow.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

:sleeping:

9. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

the boss much better:laughing::laughing:who said

the boss just got pushed (western snowplows) born to plow

10. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

No diff than chevy/gmc

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What?:confused:

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

i see a debate in the future. We all like certain things, lets not have this start a war like may other threads.

13. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I'm with you on that...:confused::confused::confused:

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You bite your tongue! ****runs out to his plow***** he doesn't mean any of it baby, he's a bad man, a bad bad man....

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: