1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard does not fulfill their warranty on parts!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by sbuckley, Mar 1, 2009.

1. sbuckley

sbuckley Junior Member

Just wanted to let people know. I've had a blizzard plow for a few years and it's been great. Problems have been minor. But just recently I needed a new pump. I went to the local blizzard guy and he confirmed that the pump was shot. So I replaced the pump. Worked like a charm again. Well for one storm anyway. Toward the end of the first storm after replacing the pump I noticed the pump was slowing down and doing the same thing. I wrote an e-mail to blizzard which they did not reply to. I also ended up talking to a tech guy who told me that I had a bad ground and that essentially a spark is arcing across the inside of the pump causing it to wear so they are not responsible for replacing the pump. Well, before and after I've checked the grounds and know it was not that because i sanded all the connections and I tested the grounds with a meter. They were all fine. I think I've figured out what it is though. The motor is grounded to the block through direct contact. I found some aluminum corrosion between where the motor meets the aluminum block. I've sanded these and it seems to be fine now. I think it wasn't making a connection there and was sending the current through the shaft that goes to the pump. Bottom line; I think blizzard should have replaced the pump! It had only been used 8 hrs before it wore out again and it was not the ground wires as they had suggested.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Bad news is good luck with warranty even for the dealers if they can try to get around it.

The corrosion that you had is the same as a loose or bad ground. The suggestion to use a two post motor has been brought up time and again. FYI if you want to upgrade to a two post motor you can use a MEYER E58/E60 two post motor as a direct swap out for the MTP motors. This will give your motor direct power and ground. Be sure to run a ground jumper to the block as the coils still need grounded.

J

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Once again here is Jerre giving away the trade secrets to the general public.
    Could you ask for a better guy.

I feel you pain on warranty. I just had a hose blow. The rubber came right out of the crimp. Took it back to the dealer who built my plow and was told it was routed incorrectly and that caused it to fail. I had to pay for the hose and fluid even though it was 13 months old.