1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard dealers in CT

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by kodiakbb, Jan 13, 2009.

1. kodiakbb

kodiakbb Junior Member

Lookin to expand next year into larger commecial accounts and want to have the tools to do it.Currenty have a f-350 w/ 8.5 fisher and a dodge 3500 w/ 9' fisher and was lookin to get a f 550/450 with a blizzard power plow model 8611 to really make up some time .Is this a good investment(8611) ? What is the goin rate for one ?Because in my area i haven't seen many and was wondering if any one in CT had any good dealer recommedations? THANKS

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have 2 lp's and I don't think there is a better plow for commercial work. I deal with snowbusters in Lisbon, price is around $5700 installed. Look at the lp over the full size 8611, you'll save about 500lbs in weight. A rep also told me that the power hitch isn't as durable with the reg 8611.

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

The guy in burlington is your best bet. Larese is pretty much out of business to bad he was great.The guy in waterbury is just ok at best. stocks nothing for parts but can order them!!! All my plows came from larese he had everything in stock.
    As for 8611 lp I would stay away from them they are prone for wing problems.I fixed 4 of them during the last few storms for my friends,They have 810s with no problems and bought Lp units and they have been nothing but problems from the day they first saw snow. 8611 is much better built unit look around and find a 07 or older unit there are still some new units out there.
    After using blizzard plows for eight seasons they are great i have 5 total. Just a few idea's buy parts valves,coils,angle piston and some hoses. Parts at times can be difficult to get now that DD owns them. pretty simply plow overall to fix you just need to be handy.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Don't waste your time. He doesn't have anything instock. I live around the corner from him. I had a very good experience with Tristate Equipment in Oxford. I was stuck in a huge jam and they stayed late on a Sat to get me going. That is who I would by from locally. If not take a trip to Erie. Well worth the ride

A Blizzard is definately the way to go.

5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

we needed a wing piston and valves he had them both only one in the whole state he stayed open and waited for us. goes along way in my eye's. The guy in oxford never has anything i need and he is real close to me. Ever dealer has good and bad points just depends on the day and what your looking for.

6. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Glad you had better luck then me. I know he only has a few plows in stock. Said he cut back with the ecomony

7. kodiakbb

kodiakbb Junior Member

lalso saw on the blizzard web site a dealer in east haven( power equiptment source).i think they used to sell meyers if its the same place i have been to for parts .anyone have any dealings with these guys?

8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Best of luck with them.I never heard anything positive about them after the first purchase.
    they do have meyers parts but you will need your title for your truck, your first born and you will still owe them money. Over all very nice to talk too.

9. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

theres a small blizzard dealer in Rockyhill; ABC hydraulics. They also service Fisher.
    I don't know what they have in stock(if they even have any in stock) , but I find the customer service to be reliable and the workers are nice.

10. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I deal with the guys in Burlington - last year my pump went and they came in on a Sunday morning and took one out of one in stock to get me going. Nice family run business. He can get any part over night. To many issues with Blizzard plows if your asking. Don't get me wrong they are the best built plows and work great when they are working. To get one top of the line and get top of the line support you need to go to Erie.

11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Amen Brother. J answers the phone at 1am when pump motors break. Dealers like this are rare and few.

12. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I just went up to ABC today and replaced a cutting edge. Only dealer in CT that had them in stock. Sounds like he stocks a lot of parts.

13. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

i can see the parts being in stock, but I asked to see any new plow set-ups, he didn't have any for me to look at, at the moment. Nice service there wouldn't you say?
    just an honest business doin' what they do.