1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard cutting edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjc810, Sep 16, 2003.

1. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

How do the wing cutting edges hold up do they wear out fast on the 810 or the 8611. Does anyone have an answer to this. Any other problems with the wing cutting edges?

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The wing edges of the Blizzard don't wear out any faster than the edges of a straight blade. It's been my experience with straight blasdes that the forward edge wears a bit quicker than the rest of the blade. What's nice with Blizzard is you can replace the wing edge independant of the center main edge if the outside is all that is worn. No problems to report.

3. Santo

Santo Banned

I was speaking with my parts distributor about Blizzard plows and he said you probably will not be able to get any parts for them in a few years.He's betting on their price, dealer locations and developement that they will remain unsuccesful.They do look cool though.

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't put a whole lot of money on that bet...

5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

So is your parts distributor a Blizzard dealer... cause they don't go through parts distributors.

What parts where they worried about?? Pretty much everything is common hydros except for the distribution block..... and if you damage/need that you probably need a new truck from the impact.

As for the edges they seem to be of very high quality. I have 300 hours on mine with minimal wear and I spend 90% my time in containment mode.

Santo, please let me know how much time you have with a Blizzard and what parts distrbutor is worried. I'll let the distributor know what parts are interchangable and am real interested in your problems that YOU have had. We get between 200-300 inches of snow a year, and I have not had a problem with mine, but then again I have only had it in use for 300 hours or so.

Howard

6. Santo

Santo Banned

Not very interested in ownership, but I'd love to demo one.

7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Once you demo one you will want one.What part distributor you are talking about?

8. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Matt,

Where did you get your Blizzard from. I think the last time I looked on their website, Doylestown was the only one in this area.

They sent me a cd/demo of the plow in action. Really gets the juices flowing. May be my next investment. The wife is expecting to see one hanging off the front of my truck any day now:rolleyes:

Mark

9. phillyplowking1

Mark I bought the truck and plow off of a friend,but he got it at Histand's Truck Equipment
    Doylestown PA 18901
    215-348-9041
    they give very good service and there about an hour away from my house.You will be very happy with the plow.

10. Santo

Santo Banned

Philly, what is a Frink?

11. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

If I had a dealer closer...............well let's just say payup payup

I'm in Delaware County. Doylestown is kind of far in a pinch.

I guess I'll just be uing the Meyers again this year.

Awesome plow though............. & great demo :D

Mark

12. phillyplowking1

Santo a frink is a heavyduty road plow like you see on the penndot trucks.
    Mark,they need to get more dealers in are area,but it will only take a couple hours to install the plow.Give them a call to see what they can do.

13. Santo

Santo Banned

You mean FLINK dont you?

14. Santo

Santo Banned

In all my years , I'v never came across a Frink.I Googled the heck out of it too.Was it a used piece and the L is worn off.Or is it really a Frink?

15. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Yes they do Matt!! I will give them a call just for S***S & Giggles, but I have a couple Meyers dealers within 15 minutes or less from me.

Mark

16. phillyplowking1

Santo its a frink they were the first plow manufactuers then they went out of buisness a couple years ago ,they make all heavy plows.Flink is also a highway plow manufactuers.
    Mark them Meyers dealers are everywhere ,but I have most of the parts for them anyway.

17. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Yeah,

Meyers seem to be the plow of choice in this area, don't they.

Was going to upgrade on my blowers/throwers this year.

Maybe we will "Get Wide" next year.

Although, if Blizzard should contact me with a free demo

to demonstrate their plow in our heavily populated area,

that would be different. ;)

Mark

18. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Not very interested in ownership, but I'd love to demo one.

Let see....

"I was speaking with my parts distributor about Blizzard plows and he said you probably will not be able to get any parts for them in a few years"

Yet you want someone to install it and use it????? No one is going to let you try it out especially if you have no intention of buying one.

What are you talking about? First you say they are about to go under, then you say you want to try one out?

WHAT "PARTS DISTRIBUTOR" WHERE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? If they are not a Blizzard Dealer I would put ZERO faith in anything they say about Blizzard. Why else would the be bad mouthing a product?

I will never comment on a Western or a Fisher because I have never owned one. I just wish people would stop talking POOP about something they have NO CLUE about.

Until you pony up the 4k or so and run it for a least 100 hours, I personally think you should not comment at all as to the stability of the company or the quality and reliability of the product.

off my little soap box

:angry:

Howard

19. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

For future reference:

20. Santo

Santo Banned