1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Customer Service

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by S.M. Woodward, Apr 3, 2006.

1. S.M. Woodward

S.M. Woodward Junior Member

Bought a new 800 plow for my Silverado 2500HD. Used it a few times and it was killing my battery. Had it taken to the local Chevy dealer thinking it was a Chevy problem, they diagnosed that the dealer had installed the wrong bolts on my battery which in turn voided my warranty. $144.00 later I got a new batter on a 2005 truck with 4,000 miles on it. I faxed the bill and the dealers explaination to the Dealer in Clay, NY and then called Blizzard. This was in February and my last call from Blizzard was "well sir, we have done all we can, sorry". And HUNG UP. The dealer has told Blizzard that I would have this issue resolved in a week. That was 3 weeks ago. Anyone know of any reputable Blizzard dealers in Central New York when more things go wrong. The first one I called last August in Cortland, NY would only give me an estimated price. Told me he would call back. I am still waiting. So I am ) for 2 in Blizzard dealers, 0 for 3 if you count the big blow off I got from their customer service line. When I asked Blizzard about returning the plow the girl actually said "you can take that up with Gary at the dealer, we have already got our money". Anyone else had this poor poor service from their dealers or Blizzard itself?.

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I tried getting some Info from Blizzard Co. and was told to call one of there dealers cause there not allowed to give out info. What the He#* is this crap. they call this service?
  3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I've had no problems with my dealer or Blizzard. Both have stood behind the product. I've never had to talk directly with Blizzard for anything relate to warranty work. I attribute that to the dealer I have. You want good service give Jerre a call in Erie, PA.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

? wrong bolts in the battery? How did that cause a problem? I could see if they reversed the fields maybe but wrong bolts?
  5. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

Sounds like to me, your Chevy dealer is being stupid. Putting on "wrong sized battery bolts" is a cheap way of getting out of doing warranty work.

I also don't understand how that would drain your battery. I do always recommend that people add a second battery if they plan on plowing. I don't know why GM doesn't put one in whenever there is a Plow Prep Package put on. They put them in the Duramax, why not just include them in with that package.

My advice. Take the bill to a different Chevy dealer, or call GM customer service.
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats what I was wondering...:confused:
  7. Blizzard Boy

Blizzard Boy Junior Member

does your battery go down when your truck is shut off? On one install on a chevy we did, we hooked the controller power wire to a power point under the dash instead of into the fuse box and it caused the battery to go dead.
  8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

sounds to me like something is up with the Chevy dealer. That doesn't by any means justify being treated like that from the Blizzard Corp. I haven't had to deal with Blizzard directly but my dealer has been very good. I know Blizzard was bought out by another company so maybe the person you talked to is losing their job and thinks "who gives a sheet".

I think I'd clear up the Chevy dealer issue first, seems like they were looking pretty hard for a reason to cancel the warranty. Hope it gets straightened out soon, good luck.

9. firelwn82

he yblizz boy how does that plow look and handle on that 250? thinking of the 810 or the 860SW on my 250HD. If you have some pics that would be great also thanks.
  10. Blizzard Boy

Blizzard Boy Junior Member

I've got some good pictures of it, got some good ones of the wifes expedition with a 760 LT on and another one with a 760 speed wing on too, just dont know how to get them over to this site. The 250 HD handles the 810PP excellent,Been using one for three years now,cant believe it's been that long. Bought a used '02 and had it on the truck 2 yrs. and put a new '05 on this year. Loved it didn't have any trouble with the wings like some of the other people had. When Blizzard sent the update kit, i installed it, no trouble. As for the truck, no problems any other ford truck would'nt have, new ball-joints at 95000 miles. worked on a truck the other day, 98000 on it and it needs them too. Getting ready to order an 8611LP. Also gonna put on a set of Danger Wings, dont know if it will handle it, but what the heck, i've got a few extra plows to hook on too. 860 speed wing is awesome too, a little more economic than the 810, with the 810, you can narrow to 8', where the 860SW is 8'6" at all times. Getting wider is great, but sometimes, it is nice to go back narrow too.
  11. firelwn82

12. S.M. Woodward

S.M. Woodward Junior Member

On my old setup after the Blizzard dealer was done, all the wiring into my battery left no bolt showing, it was as if they "rammed" everything in and screwed it together. I should have taken a picture of it. I was told by Chevy that with everything hooked in the way it was, the bolts were too short causing a loose connection. The new bolts are alot longer and everything seems much tighter. To blame the dealer, one of the times I talked to Blizzard they told me the dealer had spoken to the Chevy dealer and when I inquired as to what was said the Blizzard girl said that within one week the blizzard dealer would have it resolved to my satisfaction. I called the Chevy dealer and was told that he had called and spoken to the service manager AND the mechanic who resolved my problem. Lesson learned here was from a guy I work with, he had bought a Western and immediately took it to his Chevy dealer for inspection after installation and his dealer was more than happy to inspect the install and certify it for future warranty claims. I should have done the same, but stupid me, I put my faith in Blizzard and this dealer. That won't happen again.
  13. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

On the Cheve side post batteries we use a 3/8 X 1.5 bolt and nut to replace the stock bolt and give a positive connection on the ground. The power is tapped at the power point block on the side of the motor on the drivers side. Only prob with the cheve charging system has been 135 amp alternators and 500CCA batteries. UPdate to a 165AMP and a 900CCA interstate MTP78DT battery.