1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard, Curtis, or Hiniker???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IMPACT 1, Nov 2, 2007.

1. IMPACT 1

IMPACT 1 Junior Member

Need a plow RIGHT QUICK AND IN A HURRY!!, Dont know which to buy, cmon guys let the bashing begin. Help me out.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Nice bait.:rolleyes:

Get whatever plow you want as they all plow snow...
    Why do you want us to fight over which plow you get?

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Depends who has the best service and is closest to you. If all of them are, look for best service and whichever YOU want. I know Curtis has some tanks for plows!

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

if youre choosing from those 3 why not just get a Meyers :D

ut-oh

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you're ready for one of these:

[​IMG]

6. IMPACT 1

IMPACT 1 Junior Member

Not trying to get you to fight, I see pros and cons to the three. Just looking to find good personal experiences.

I already have a curtis and I love it, but I am debating weather or not to try the hiniker scoop plow or get a power plow. This is the start of coverting my whole fleet to a single brand.

7. IMPACT 1

IMPACT 1 Junior Member

Never will I use a myers again!

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Find a local dealer that meets your level of cost and service, buy whatever brand he sells.
    Keep them well maintained, use them sensibly, they will perform admirably and make you lots of money.

Shame you waited so late. Most of the serious guys have their equipment primed and ready just waiting for snow. No discounts now, the early bird specials are over. It's mid season. Sorry about your luck. Just thought I'd do a little BASHING LOL:jester:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2007
  9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I wanted to go Blizzard, but there are no blizzard dealers in Colorado, so that was out.
    My local dealer sells Curtis and Hinniker. I went with Curtis (bigger brand name) for the first one. I went back in this year to get another plow (new tractor) and asked about Hinniker and they said they weren't carrying nearly as many as they used to.
    He said that Curtis has kits for about everything, but Hinniker only fits particular trucks which makes it harder to sell. He BTW personally runs a Hinniker, but he sells Curtis. I thought that was interesting.

I'd go blizzard first, Curtis 2nd (and I do like my Curtis's) and Hinniker 3rd.

10. IMPACT 1

IMPACT 1 Junior Member

I respect that. I have my curtis and its a tank, but curtis only makes good straight blades. I would be comfortable keeping that straight blades but I have landed some major open area lots and need as much productivity as possible. Hinker offers the new scoop plow which seems nice but I question how strong it is. Blizzard came to this area and was kicking *** but guys were bending cylinders left and right (since resolved). Now the dealer will only spec order them OH AND THEY QUOTED ME $8143.00 FOR AN 810. I almost pooped my pants

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  11. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hiniker for us - although I just the new Boss V - I give reviews after a few snow events.

12. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

lol.........

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i had a meyers for 15 years never had a problem with it

14. IMPACT 1

IMPACT 1 Junior Member

I see now you have a curtis. Im wordering why you switched?

15. LoneCowboy

That's ridiculous for a price.
    I believe Hinniker makes farm plow equipment (seeders, planters, plows, etc), it should be plenty strong. (although I'd like to hear experiences)

Why not put wings on your Curtis? That's what I do.

16. IMPACT 1

IMPACT 1 Junior Member

already have um

17. LoneCowboy

so, umm, how is going to a V blade going to help that much more?

18. IMPACT 1

IMPACT 1 Junior Member

Its not the v blade that Im looking at. Im looking at a Blizzard 810 for the 10 ft path and capability of a 9' scoop or the hiniker scoop plow that offers 9'3" fixed scoop. I pretty much eliminated the curtis because the straight blade with wings just doesnt offer that scoop, or windrowing capabilities that the other 2 do. Don't get me wrong I am about the biggest Curtis fan out there, but Im looking at flat out production.

19. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

cause the new plow was 1000 off msrp

20. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

After my last curtis I will NEVER BUY A CURTIS AGAIN. Plus, there are no dealers around me. Im a fan of Western and Blizzard, more so Western because of the dealers.