1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard controls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jhoser_2000, Mar 16, 2005.

1. jhoser_2000

jhoser_2000 Junior Member

i was just wanted to know if it was true if Blizzard was coming out with a handheld controller like boss or even western. I am torn between getting a blizzard because of the huge controller and i like the way the hand helds of the boss operate but blizzard has such well built pieces of equipment i don't no what to do :confused: :help:

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

don't let controller bother you it works just fine.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Buy the Blizzard, get the joystick, you will love it--the plow and the controller. It definitely is not worth losing the productivity just because you don't like the size of the controller.

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Buy the Blizzard, and go with the JOYSTICK.

5. jhoser_2000

Thanks for the advice, would i have to mount timbrens on the front of my truck to help the weight distribution over the axle or should it be able to handle the weight by just cranking the torsion bars up? Im gonna put it on a 2000 2500 silverado with the six liter

6. jhoser_2000

one more question, how do the poly edges work/wear/clean compared to the steel ones???? I have heard a lot of different things about each mostly bad about the poly edges though

7. Mark Oomkes

After burning through the steel edge on our 8611 in about 50-75 hours, we installed the Polar Edge. We have been very happy with it so far, we have at least that many hours on the urethane with little to no wear.

8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

There is a hand held in the works. Time frame for release has not been stated yet. The joystick work great as others have posted and the productivity is awesome.

Jerre

P.S.

Jon, Need a new phone # for you. PM if you would
    Jerre

9. jhoser_2000

How does the poly edge clean, because i heave seen the boss polys work and was not impressed

10. DJC

DJC Senior Member

We have a touch pad and a Joystick for our 810. The touch pad has been used for about 5 min's. Get the Joystick!!!

11. Mark Oomkes

I haven't noticed a difference between steel and urethane. We haven't plowed with every type of snow with the urethane yet, but I am very happy with it so far.

The 2 things that really stand out for me with the Blizzard is the #1 the productivity is amazing, even compared to a v; #2 the cleaning\scraping. That was always my biggest complaint with the v's, they don't clean worth a crap. I know what you mean about urethane on v's, not to good, although not much worse if at all than steel IMO.

12. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

Joystick all the way very easy to use and if you want to take it out inbetween snow falls just unplug the clip.

Get the blizzard the 810 has cut our parking lot clearing jobs in more than half first time i used the plow it took me 45 min to clear a lot that used to take me 1 hr and 40 min.