1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Controller

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SnowGuy73, Sep 8, 2007.

1. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Does anyone have any kind of update as to where Blizzard is with their handheld controller that was supposed to come out three years ago? Now that DD owns it I see that both Western and Fisher have handheld models, I would hope that they would do the same for Blizzard, but who knows. :rolleyes:

2. SnowGuy73

I'm guessing thats a no then?

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Epic i think i noticed an add you had placed in the local paper not too long ago...small world.

4. SnowGuy73

Could be...........

5. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I got tired of waiting and made my own. I used a straight blade controller and added 2 switches to controll the wings. It is 1/2 the size of the shoe box.

6. SnowGuy73

I'm looking more like what the Western version of the power plow has for a controller. It looks alot like the cab command.

7. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

When I bought my 810 four years ago I was switching from western and also wanted a hand held controller. I got stuck with a huge toggle switch box. I learned to like it though ,I called it my trans. saver( can't shift gears when your reaching for that big box). Any way I had a touch pad controller on order and it didn't show up until april of that season. I saw it and told the dealer I didn't want it. If blizzard had a controller like western that would be great !!!

8. SnowGuy73

Oh yeah that touch pad one is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why the hell would I want to strap my plow controller to my leg? Hopefully now that DD owns them they will become a little more modern with their thinking.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

While I agree on the size of the current Blizzard controller, the one that DD has for the Wipeout and XtraLargeShovel is not the setup I would want. If you watch the demo, when extending a wing, you can't retract it without either going all the way out or changing something like the mode button, can't remember exactly. But if you're close to something, and you want to suck the wing back in and don't remember what the last thing you did with that wing was, you might go the wrong way and hit something or whatever.

I'm pretty happy with the current design--other than the size.