1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Charlotte

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by DFLS, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Blizzard Charlotte pictures / video

Here are some pictures from 3 AM Saturday when the storm slowed down enough to go out.

Truck buried
    [​IMG]

My garage @ 3Am -- I had already removed 8 inches at 10 pm Friday.
    [​IMG]

My front walk @ 3Am
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

And a video from Friday night around 11:00 Pm I had gone out to get 1 customer in at 10 , ended up doing 4 others then called it quits and went home. I did hit my neighbor and my own drives again when I got home, both had been hit on my way out about 2 hours before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpk0zVohjHk

3. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Another video Saturday morning 3:30 AM pushing out of my driveway. Finally got out and couldn't go anywhere the street was not plowed. Change the quality of the videos to HD before you watch.

I slept 3 hours Fri. night, 3 hours Sat. night, and 6 hours Sunday night. Monday was end of driveway cleanup and a few turnarounds that I had skipped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4mYj0uRifM

10 hours later this is form Sunday morning @1:00 AM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otmA3Xx2LFI

And again Sunday around 10 AM, this one I could not get to on Saturday because the street in West Hartford was not plowed and it was up hill.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVCyRPtyk40

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I think I would loose my accounts if I ever got the snow that high.

5. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

hows the transmission acting lately ???

nice work. little tip . . . try Rain-X . you wont need wipers on hi anymore

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Really well i bet

7. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

David, what do you use for ballast? You blasted thru, nice videos!

8. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

9. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Transmission is fine.

That was the first time I ever had to keep the wipers on high with the defrost on high plus brand new blades. I also wanted the camera to have a good view. Would the rainX actually help in 3"+ / hr. snowfall rates?

10. Spool it up

absolutely , you'd keep it on intermitted, follow directions on bottle .

11. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

do the aux front spotlights actually work?
    i had a thought the other day of mounting a light on my fisher triangle so its up when im driving and aims down when im pushing

12. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

13. Spool it up

they do a hell of a job suckin the juice out the batts . they clog up too

14. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

My truck came with 2 batteries...

The lights do a real good job and melt any snow that gets on them real quick.

That Boss plow is 10 years old and those older style lights suck.

15. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

Damn thats alot of snow. You along with that diesel and v did a great job.

16. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice job.
    It was insane plowing this storm. Jobs that normally take 5 minutes took an hour. At the height of the storm it was coming down at 4-5 inches an hour, zero visibility, the city and state trucks stopped plowing making getting around impossible. There was no keeping up with this storm, survival was the only option ha :drinkup:

17. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

In 2010 we got a blizzard here in Delaware similar to your recent one so I know how difficult it can be but I was still with the Highway Dept. and basically as a supervisor only did minimal plowing, not to mention if something broke I didnt have to pay for it which gives you alot of confidence.We had trucks go down almost non stop. After watching your videos a couple times I wont make any more "brand x " jokes .......that Dodge is impressive.

18. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

First of all your truck sounds sweeeeet. And those videos were awesome, nobody really had a chance to take very many pictures during the storm so the videos take the cake! If that doesnt show a V plow at its best, I dont know what does!! Is that your White dodge? Backup truck?

19. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice work, do you use the new truck at all?

20. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

We had a big storm like this up here about three years ago, the only thing that kept me going was having a V plow. I watched all day trucks with straight blades struggle to get threw 2 to 3 feet of snow. I'll never be without a V plow.