1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Changes.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Jon Geer, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

What do you guys think about Blizzard going to Monarch Hydraulics?? Wow, what a step back in time. I thought the SPX hydraulics were great. They had plenty of speed, gone now. I thought Blizzard was going to the future, not to the past. :nono: :gunsfiring: :angry:

2. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

blizzard

did they put them in the 2005 blizzard plows?

3. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I think Monarch is more reliable and easier to fix, isn't it? I have an arctic plow that is more than 20 years old, I believe it is a monarch pump, and it never fails.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes please tell us more, I would like to know what they are up to before I pickup my 05' Blizzard 810.

5. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Just went out to the garage at looked at my brand new 860,no monarch pump.went back in and looked at the manuel.it looks to me that the 760lt uses the monarch pump and the 760,800 and 860HD use a HD pump

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Well as far as I know talking to Marcus from Blizzard, all of the 2006 plows will come standard with the Monarch pumps and valves excluding the Blizzard models 860, 810, 8611, and 8611LP will all have the SPX/FENNER pumps.

They are trying to cut costs on their end, but are they offering the cost savings to the consumers? NO !!

New poll shows Blizzard Plows are #1 in plow sales for a new company less than 10 years old. Plow manufactures are just waiting for the patent rights to expire, and then WHAM !!!!!!!, Blizzard will fall hard. :salute:

I believe they need to be innovative to stay on the top. They need to produce more product so they don't run out in December. They need to step up their game.

I just feel that if you have a good thing, try not to mess it up.

:gunsfiring:

Supposedly more new plows for 2007????

We'll see. I'll keep you informed of new info. :yow!:

7. SnowGuy73

Hey jon thanks for the info, as you may or may not know Im suppose to be picking up my 810 in Oct. I like when I can come here and get a " no bullsh*t anwser" to questions. Thats pretty laim that there cutting thier own cost but not the cost to consumers, Im already a little put off by the nearly $2000 price differnce between here (MN) and NY. Please let me know what else you find out, thank you.

8. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

this is bull sh** i had my hopes up i am besied myself. :gunsfiring: :waving:

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Don't get me wrong. I would DEFINATELY buy a BLIZZARD plow in a heartbeat. Buy the best, buy BLIZZARD. This move might prove to be successful for them and the consumer. :rolleyes:

10. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

You should buy now befor they make changes in 06

11. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with the Monarch manifolds or pumps. They have bumped the output on them so the cycle times are better, not worse.

12. SnowGuy73

:dizzy: Im not saying that Im not buying one, I just don't really know this company. From what I heard thier plows were junk five years ago, then they made a bunch of changes now there the greatest thing since sliced bread, which from what Ive seen they are really nice plows. So I guesss Im a little nervous about buying from a company that really has'nt been in the game for to long. On top of of all that they are already planning to cut corners.

13. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Blizzard, like every other manufacturer, has tweaked their product and has examined their production methods, costs, etc. They have introduced some very innovative ideas, and continue to do so.

The guys that started (and run) the company are not new to this industry, in fact they've all been around for a long time. Many of their improvements have come from significant capital investment, technology improvements, and lessons learned as their products mature. They are also adding several models (speedwings) to address particular needs/interests from a couple of market segments.

Can they improve? Certainly. Every one of the manufacturers is working on improvements. You are wise to shop, compare, and study.

14. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Well put pbeering. I couldn't't have said it better than you already have. News flash for today, they are going to be putting the Monarch pump in all of the Blizzard models effective 9-19-05, per my conversation with Blizzard today.

They are a much faster pump, and the DELTA valves compliment it well.

They are continuing to be the best Plow out on the market.

Hope this enlightens some.

15. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Best Price

I Just Paid 4395 For A Blizzard 810 Installed At Portsmouth Ford In New Hampshire.. The Plow Is Awsome And The Price Was Almost 1000 Dollars Cheaper Than Any Local Guys