1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Buster users....

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DaySpring Services, Sep 2, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm currently using the Demo version. What's the difference between the Demo and full version. I'm thinking about buying it but don't know if it's worth the money.

2. DaySpring Services

I dont know why this was moved. It's about Blizzard Buster Billing software not Blizzard snowplows.

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

oops! Ok I move it back:rolleyes:

4. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i use the bigger version of blizzard buster...not sure about differences but i have used it for possibly 8 years and love it...does not crunch numbers like quickbooks,,,but for route lists,customer billing,accounts recievable.....it is easy to use and priced right!

doug

5. DaySpring Services

Thanks! Im pretty sure Im going to buy the full version.

6. concreteman

concreteman Junior Member

i have quick books and i thinks its very good i got the blizzer buster disk and was not to happy with it quick books has all the stuff that you need to make the money with and i think that quick books simple start cost less to buy

7. DaySpring Services

I've been looking a little a quickbooks now. It seems like the Pro edition has less options than simple start. How is simple start for billing, estimating and keeping track of customer payments?

8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i have quick books simple start, i hate it, its fine for billing, but its not deisgned towards lawn care companies. I have been using the blizzard buster demo and i really like it. Gonna buy the full version unless someone knows of something better.

9. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

I Love my blizzard buster program, got it last year well worth the money.
    Even a t 3 in the morning after 36 hours of plowing you can sit down at your computer and plug ing the info. very simple.

10. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I thought it was about Blizzard Buster Ice Control.

lol

:dizzy:

I have Quickbooks too. It requires a lot of learning. I dont use it currently. Do my books old school byhand, and use another Lawn care program that I wont recommend because Pat....is a dick.

11. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

What do you use Lawn Pro?
    Lawn pro software is cheap about 50 dollars works great for people just starting out.
    RCGM
    Brad

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

anyone have a link to the demo version? ide like to check it out!

13. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Yeah but the owner wouldnt forward me my activation code. I lost it, and had to get a new pc because the other one got a virus on the net. I have them tied together and use the old one for all my proggies so thats fine, but wanted to reinstall it on my new one so I could use the faster printer......urgh!

He never got back to me very fast when I had issues with the original proggie and he wasnt very polite I guess.

It is a decent program though and its 64 dollars.

I have your message about ideas and will respond here soon or tomorrow Brad...been busy as hell tonite.

Weathers on....we arent getting anything. :realmad:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  14. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

quickbooks seemed very hard to put in charges for each customer, the blizzard buster program does this very quickley and it remembers allcustomers prices individually

15. jerry andersen

jerry andersen Member

i use groundskeeper pro i like it. blizzard buster is a smaller version of groundskeeper pro

16. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

http://www.adkad.com/blizzardbuster.htm

the groundskeeper pro demo is also on the same site.

17. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

To answer your original question, I believe the difference is that in the demo you can only use it for a limited number of customers. I forget what the limit is.