1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard/Boss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phishoook, Nov 27, 2005.

1. phishoook

phishoook Member

It's getting kind of late to set up a truck for plowing, but that's what I got myself into. I need to put a plow on a 05 chevy 2500hd.
    I really like the 810 plow bilzzard has, but I'm not quite sold on them yet. 950#'s is pretty heavy for a blade, they are in the middle of changing hands, and how the light tower stays on the truck.
    For the same price I could get a boss poly-v, or steel-v. They weigh a little less (890 and 860#'s). But then the blizzard is suppose to be so much faster.
    Or, I could save a thousand and go with a straight blade, wich is no problam weighing 793 in steel or ploy. Then if I add a set of wings to it, wont it be just as good as a blizzard?

Just looking for some ideas.

2. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

boss/blizzard/snoway?

I feel the same (confused) I'm thinking of 9' snoway with aftermarket wings real pusher at straight 9'1" plus 22" of 2-12" set angle makes 11" each
    9'1"+22" makes 10'11" pusher I like the choices a V can offer such as on road travel, wings back drives nice.
    Also thinking of boss 9' V with Boss made removable wings.
    Have old snoway 8' V now and just added prowings used only one snowfall.
    Wings are great plow is old but still like it just need to update.
    Don't forget a V with wings makes a super scoop.

Mikeww email mike826@adelphia.net

Almost forgot, looked at blizzard nice just not for me.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

4. wls

wls Senior Member

I have both, 810, and a 7.6 boss with wings, makes it 9.2. we still favor the 810.

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

i have a 810 on my 05 2500hd and it handles the weight no problem... i did crank up torsion bars and threw timbrens under it too. unless you use an 810 you will never know how valuable and productive they are...this is my first one and now i will never own nothing but a white plow. second point....the light tower comes off with one pull of the pin and 2 small plug ins... it only takes seconds to take tower off, or put on... i think you should take a hard look at Blizzard. JM2C.

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

There are many people here on this site that had another plow. Saw a blizzard in action and replaced their current plow.

Once you go blizzard you never go back.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Worry more about your dealer than the plow itself.

A plow will make you money, but the dealer will save you money.

If they're from the same dealer, then it's entirely up to you.

I went with a 8.2 Boss V because I don't have another type of dealer within 30 miles.

I used to run Western, Diamonds, Leo, but the dealers were all 30+ miles and it sucks when you've got a plow either broke, or stuck on the truck, to limp it that far to get service.

Usually it's during morning rush hour because it broke in the middle of the night and the shop doesn't open until 8 am.