1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard blade trip question.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by lodogg89, Jan 1, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

I finally got to use my plow last night, my question is, the plow seems to trip really easys. Is their something i can adjust on it. Its seems to burry into the ground really hard when its down, is this normal??

Plow is a 760LT

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Are the springs tight? I am sure there is a spec on it but I would have to guess they are not tight enough if it does it all the time. It should trip if you hit something but not just plowing

3. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

what you plowing? its sounds like dirt or gravel. if yes then run the shoes and adjust them to keep it from tripping. blizard has an agressive attack angle so on soft thawed ground it will dig like crazy. i have one lot that is gravel hate it... my 810 does that all the time on the soft dirt.

jeff

4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

well i adjusted my springs tonight, bolt is 1/2in out the top of the nut now. Yea, i need to run the shoes i guess, one lot is dirt/gravel. It really seemed to dig though on the concrete even.

5. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

the trip springs are adjustable, just tighten them up alitte and try it. the drop speed is also adjustable with a thumb wheel under the cover on the plow. it's on the right hand side underneath the first row of coils