1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard being phased out?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Snide925, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Snide925

Snide925 Junior Member

Yesterday our Blizzard dealer recommended not buying any more Blizzards. He said since Fisher bought them out that they will eventually be replaced by the Fisher XLS.
    Anybody else heard any truth to this. We currently own 6 Blizzards, need a few more. The XLS does look a descent plow.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Your dealer is an idiot and lying through his\her teeth.

Fisher did NOT buy Blizzard, Douglas Dynamics did. DD also bought Western and Fisher, have they gone anyplace?

Read this, print it out, give it to your dealer or find another.

http://www.blizzardplows.com/future.asp

So go ahead and buy your new Blizzards and then rub it in his face.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I agree Mark that Blizzard isn't going away but be real they are not going to be the blizzard you know and love.

Read that release, "more Fits" = lighter, probably a white version of the XLs/wide out.

Read between the lines, it's a press release not a guarantee.

DD will most certainly change over to their Hydraulics and wiring and probably a version of their mounting system. Profits in decreased costs, why I refer to the DD produced plows as DDizzards

4. Mark Oomkes

I agree, just tired of the immense amount of ignorance being thrown around by Blizzard bashers ( ;) ;) ) and alleged dealers. Sorta like the "Did you hear that Ford is going to start using Cummins" rumor that has been floating around for 10 or 15 years.

Although, you say "more fits" but the XLS is heavier than the 810.

5. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

Blizzard is not going anywhere your dealer is just trying to sell you his product. They have already put millions of dollars and hired more staff in the last 2 years to help the blizzard line grow.

6. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

Sounds like the dealer trying to make another sale!

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

lol, ford owns no part of cummis, (it is a very common rumor) and they have put them in th ebig trucks for years

9. Mark Oomkes

Whaaaaaat? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dang, that must be why Cummins\Bridgeway will fix my F800.

10. cvsdllc

cvsdllc Junior Member

ford owns no part of cummins and they are actually trying to quit using international. they are working on building there own engine

11. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

Correct, Ford does not own a single share of Cummins. Also they have decided to end their contract with International/Navistar and will be building their own diesel starting in 2010? I believe.

12. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I heard ford will have cat motors soon....ha

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Cat is no longer selling motors for over the road use.

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

i just heard that Ford was going to a Toyota made diesel engine. I heard it from a japanease guy

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I heard Brigs & Straton is making the new diesel for ford, i heard it from the lawn guy ;)

16. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

No I said it was Kawasaki not Briggs!

17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

sorry:eek: your right.....