1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard and 08 Toyota Tundra question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by -AMERICAN-, Nov 19, 2010.

1. -AMERICAN-

-AMERICAN- Junior Member
    from N.Y.

Im installing a Blizzard plow on my 08 Tundra..Im ready to install the wire harness that goes through the fire wall...before I hack the fire wall ,does anyone have a good way to sent the plug in to the cab....also if anyone needs pics of the undercarrige or any of the install let me know and Ill post them...thanks for your time Mike

MVC-001S.JPG

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Not sure what you mean by sent the plug into the cab. But on my chevy there was a entrance where a rubber cromet had wires going through. I pulled the rubber piece out cut the hole bigger and fished the wires through that way. They would come in right by the gas and brake pedal. Another way to do it is start from the inside with extra wire fish it throw and then tape your wire that you want through to the ones you fish from the inside.

3. -AMERICAN-

-AMERICAN- Junior Member
    from N.Y.

Update with pic

Plug connection for controller was put through on the side of the grommet into the cab...Plow is mounted and works mints...now lets see how it works in the snow this winter................this plow is for my personal use only a couple of driveways and a very small parking lot.............also does anyone know what is the purpose of the ... A-Frame Latch??

MVC-027S.JPG

MVC-028S.JPG

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you need the 760LT.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah definitely, my snowbear was bigger than that.

6. -AMERICAN-

-AMERICAN- Junior Member
    from N.Y.

plow

I had a snowbear on a s10 blazer a few years back ,what a piece of junk MY snowbear was....a lot of the welds broke ,i had to cut metal supports and weld them in to hold the plow together ,it lasted for a few years then I just junked it ........ it was much lighter then this blizzard..... again MY snowbear was just a piece of junk....maybe they improved them over the years...but you cant even compare it to this blizzard....
    For the price I paid for this Blizzard plow you would be putting it on your truck.....besides the 720LT is 86" and the 680LT is 80" that is just 6" and the 680LT is fine it does not over step the tires,even when its angled.... I dont need to put the light kit on and it weighs 15lbs less....besides for what I need to plow... I used to do it with my Grizzly atv and did not have a problem....so this will be perfect for what Im doing.....for my other plowing jobs I used a 03 Dodge 3500 dually with a western 8'6" plow(what a beast and a pain in the azz to plow small driveways) ..lol...

MVC-007S.JPG

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  7. plowguy43

It may clear your tires driving straight, but the moment you turn your tires will be in windrows. That plow is far too small, and no I'd never put that on my truck. I had a 7'6" Fisher HD on my Dakota and I used to hit windrows when it was angled and I was turning.

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, if I was going to put a Blizzard on a Tundra it would be a 760LT.

9. -AMERICAN-

-AMERICAN- Junior Member
    from N.Y.

plow

Lets see a 7'6" snow bear weight is 245 lbs

a small,tiny 6'8" Blizzard weight is 355 lbs wow thats 110 lbs heavier then the 7'6" snowbear ..because you asked....

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It must not clear the tires when it's angled though.

11. plowguy43

I never asked about weight nor does it matter. Let me put it this way- they use the 680 on UTV's and Ford Ranger's. You have a full size/half ton truck. When angled and you go around any type of curve your tire will be in the snow. I was comparing that plow in width and height to my snowbear. I never had the problems you did except for replacing a winch and a broken arm of some sort (connected to the winch), but it lasted through a bunch of driveways and waay more snow then it was meant to plow. No sense in arguing about it, you'll realize the first day out plowing that you should've gotten the 760LT.

12. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

What they meant to say was you should of got the Blizzard 760LT not the snow bear. Or at least the 720 LT.

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

dang bro i think i had a bigger plow on the dakota i used to own
    [​IMG]

14. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

What year was your dakota? And what size plow is that?

15. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

the dakota was a 2002 single cab short bed with the v8 in it, was a beast power wise, the plow was 7'2 truck handled it fine like it wasnt even there, i wouldent put anything smaller then a 7'6 on a fill size truck thats just silly.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  16. ppetroska

ppetroska Junior Member

Lowering the A-Frame Latch keeps the plow aligned when the Power Hitch Arm draws the plow into the truck mount. Make sure you lower the Power Hitch Arm and raise and lock the A-Frame Latch after you've inserted the hitch pins.