1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8611ss Feedback

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by kcress31, Oct 7, 2009.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I am looking for anyone who owns or knows someone with experience with the Blizzard 8611ss on a skid. I will be buying a new Bobcat A 300 (85hp 3000 lbs op capacity) skid shortly.

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

i have installed and used one on a track skidsteer great for condos and tight spots wide open areas faster with a truck

3. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

How fast does your track machine go. The bobcat I am looking at has a top speed of 12 mph. I have never pushed snow in a skid so I don't know if second gear has much pushing power.

Keith

4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I know a few guys who run skids with 8611's, they all like them. That Bobcat will out push a truck if you can plow both ways with it. Try to put it in a site were you can do this.
    Personally I wouldnt waste my money purchasing a skid that will be used for snow work without 2 speed. They work great in "rabbit" mode for plowing. :drinkup:

5. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

I only plow in hi speed w/ my skids.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Does an 810SS count?

7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

No it doesnt :laughing:

Hey do you have the number for Acorn on that shirt ?

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why, you starting a brothel? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I love mine! Every kid on my street wants one! LOL! I love it, my opperators love it, and all of the other companies that work around me love it! Wish I could get all of my subs to dump the pushers and go with the blizzard!