1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8611LP

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JD PLOWER, Mar 7, 2011.

1. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

For sale is a Blizzard 8611LP puirchased new in 2008.
    Everything works well and it has a new pump installed about a month ago and two stainless steel hoses that cost rough;y $65 per. Needs a cutting edge.

PLOW ONLY.

Cash
    Pickup only no delivery.

Can be seen in Everett Mass by appointment only.

$3,500

please PM for details

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Looks like a lot of guys are selling their Blizzards ;-)

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I noticed that too. I'm in the market, but not till prices go down a bit ;)

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Where did those stainless hoses come from? They look way to small.

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah they do... Did dd change the bottom of the blade? Looks like it's in nice shape, but the back/bottom of the moldboard looks a little different than my LP's... Wish I was in the market for another one...

6. frdtrckmnrich

frdtrckmnrich Junior Member

Wish you were closer, Good luck with the sale.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Slide box stops were removed in place of a bolt at the end of the slide box channel for a few years. IIRC, they are now back to using the pins like they did from 2003-2007 or so.

8. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

I'm about 3 1/2 hrs from yea, what kind of deal can we make?

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious I notice a lot of guys run these plows without a light tower. You dont need them? do you have it, do they even come with a light tower?

Any feedback?

And that expands from 8.6 to 11 correct?

10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

They come with a light tower, but a lot of guys don't use them. Especially with Fords that sit higher to begin with... I use light towers because the cities where I work are so bad at plowing the streets, the blade needs to be all the way up between accounts in the early morning hours, which blocks the factory headlights.

The blizzards had pretty crummy lights for many years as well, that in a lot of cases you were better off with the factory lights.

8611lp = 8.6' retracted out to 11' extended. 810 = 8' retracted out to 10' extended. Both are less with the wings scooped.

11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

If I decide to keep mine I may have to buy your for spare parts. It would be a lot cheaper for sure.

12. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

bump......