1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8611

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by OhioPlower, May 9, 2007.

1. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

are you able to take a blizzard 8611 from a truck and rig it up on a skid steer?
  2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I don't see why you couldn't. Weight will not be an issue with a ssl like it is for a truck. I am not that familiar with Blizzard but you would need to add some kind of linkage, a ssl mounting plate, and hook into the 12 volt system somehow to use your existing controller. I will study a Blizzard manual online to see if I can be of more assistance. I spent over 20 years of my career selling skid steer loader attachments so I have a fairly good understanding of what you are trying to do...just need to study the Blizzard a little more. Bottom line, yes I am sure that it can be done.
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I am sure that there is a way to put it on a skid but the loader plows don't have pump like a truck. They have a manifold that used the skids hydo system in place of the regular pump. You could get all of the parts to switch it over . You would need to do some fab work to make the mount plate attach to the a frame from a truck plow. Anything can be done!!!! Good luck!!!
  4. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Go to Blizzard's website. They have two models specifically for skidsteers. They are the 810SS and 8611SS.