1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8611 problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mirrorlandscape, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mirrorlandscape

mirrorlandscape Junior Member

Just hooked up my 8611 and I'm having troubles getting it to raise and lower. I've done some searching on here and have found a few things to try but any help would be appreciated.

All functions work fine and even the raise and lower work, but it will only lift the plow about an inch off the ground and then won't always lower it. Also the power hitch won't release fully. It hooked up fine but now won't let go of the push bar.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Low fluid?

3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

The pickup tube in the resevoir may have fallen off

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Ditto, or it could be clogged. Also make sure that nothing is binding.

5. mirrorlandscape

I'll double check those things. There was plenty of fluid in there and added more after initial draw from all the functions to fill the hoses, but i'll make sure its 3/4 full. The pick up tube was on but don't know if it was clogged. Other than the obvious appearance of something being bent, or a grinding sound how can I tell if something is binding?

Thanks for the help!

6. mirrorlandscape

Also I switched the pump/manifold and wiring from my 810 to the 8611, could that be part of the problem? They seemed identical and i needed the better hoses at the time.

7. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

That I do not know, but makes sense. The 8611 is a much bigger plow. It would stand to reason that the same pump cannot lift both. You could have burnt up your 810 pump running it on a 8611.

8. mirrorlandscape

That would stink. :( I've only tested it, haven't plowed with it so hopefully its still good.

9. mirrorlandscape

Also, anyone know of a good place to get a controller or a universal controller? We had a salt spreader and 2 plow controls stolen last year.

10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the pins in the draw latch. Bent\broken

11. mirrorlandscape

Found the problem... I hope. Faulty wiring in the plow side harness and possibly a bad switch in controller. Checked fluid, pick up tube, draw latch all checked out. Switched out the harness and got every function to work. Except float. Either a wire is crossed or the swich is bad in the controller because float and raise both raise the plow... ??

Thanks for the input!