1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8611 on F-250!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Oct 30, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Pulled an 8611 out of my Buddy's stock room and decided to check it out, well the only truck to move it was my F-250. I was impressed to see how well the suspension handled it. Check out the pics

bliz.jpg

2. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Plow in the up position

blizup.jpg

3. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Down position, not too bad but before anyone says it-No I dont intend to plow with this only checking it out and figured see how the 250 handled it.

blizdwn.jpg

4. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

open position, thats 1350 pounds up in the air

fknpic.jpg

5. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

scoop

blzsp.jpg

6. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

My 350 showed up so we tried it on that

blzp.jpg

7. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

down position

blzdn.jpg

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Bill, the 250 looks fine with it on there.It does handle it very well.Is there any weight in the back of the F250? The older 350 actually seems to sag a tad more with the weight of it. I bet your thinking about trading in your 810's for 8611's now:D

9. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Actually John I wont be trading the 810s anytime soon. Them 8611s are heavy and even though the trucks handle them well you can feel where you would be beating the rig. No weight in the 250 a little weight in the 350. 8611s are for 450s and up. But it was neat to try em out. The weight difference is very noticeable.

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Bill very impressive that much weight on your front end.I see where you can go now and fix your truck up in the middle of a storm looks like a nice size garage. Can you imagine how snow you could clear with that blade on your truck :D

11. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I figured as much,I was just joking:) .From how it carries it,you would think it would be fine though. The 8611 looks like it sags more on a f550 than on your 250.

12. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Bill great photos! Makes me anxious to get mine installed. I noticed one thing though that I hope I won't have a problem with, in the photos with the plow fully raised its blocking the light tower. Do you know if the light poles are different on the 8611 light towers? The 250 looks fine with that plow but I hear you about beating on the truck. Did the steering bind at all on you when moving it?
    Thanks for the Demo :nod: .

13. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Bill YOU NUT..........

I knew it was just a matter of time before you went down to Jack's place and hitched that 8611 MONSTER up on there.

Looks good though

"GET WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE"

Jay

14. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

See, I DO think that plow would work on a ranger!! ;)

15. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

The trucks handle the plow very well. The plow looks very wide also, an 11ft plow really does save time:)

16. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Look really nice on the truck, the suspension did hold well it seemed. GET WIDE!!

17. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Cat320 the garage isn't mine, its my buddys who sells Blizzard. My shop will be posted once I get all the snow equipment set. JDplower The steering didn't bind at all the truck moved about as if it was the 810 hanging off the front but you could really feel the difference. As far as the light tower is concerned I don't know but will find out. I know that the 8611 lifts a lot higher than the 810. And Joe92gt your a pisser, LOL

18. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Wow, that looks awesome! Your truck does carry it fine it looks like! You dont have Timbrens in there either? By the way, very nice truck you have there. :nod: Mike :drinkup:

19. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

WOW that 8611 looks massive on that F-250.How do you think a 8611 would be on a F-650?

20. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I can't beleave how well it holds it:eek: