1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8611, light tower, controller

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NLS1, Mar 7, 2016.

1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Hey folks.

Not gonna use this plow any more. Bought all the stuff to swap it to an old style ford f-superduty, but changed my mind. The old ford is just too nice to use as a plow truck.

This has no truck side wiring. Just the controller which is a nice older style joystick controller that attaches to the console with a strap, with rocker switches. Bought the controller new in 2012.

Has the new style lights on the tower, also new in fall of 2012

I took this off my '12 Dodge 5500 last fall, and haven't used it since last winter, it sat in my barn lonely for a year now.

Last winter (14-15) it blew its first hose finally,...and I had the dealer install all new pins, all new hoses, and any updates or welding it needed. Came back really great, and I did use it a few times last winter.

It is on the second set of edges currently, which are carbide. The originals were the stock edges. They do have a good bit of life left. The only problem is that one of the main edge sections was bent some from catching a proud manhole cover last winter just right...good times.

I believe its an 09 or 10 model. It had been barely used on my first Kubota M135, which I sold, then installed it on my '12 Dodge 5500, which I sold, and I no longer need it.

My two other tractors- they rock Metal Pless 10-16 live edge blades :)

I would prefer to sell the blade and tower and controller together, but I can seperate.

Mostly looking for a good cash offer, but I would also be really interested in a trade towards a 18-20' enclosed trailer that you may have outgrown in excellent shape. Cash on my end if need be.

This plow is nice, well cared for and you won't be disappointed, lots of good life left for sure. It is a little dirty from sitting in the barn, but it has been sprayed with fluid film regularly. Used, but never abused.

Dan
    763-607-7270
    Southern MN between Albert Lea and Owatonna

blizzard1.jpg

blizzard5.jpg

blizzard6.jpg

blizzard4.jpg

2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Bump...
    Any offers or trades? Enclosed trailer, goose neck trailers?
    Small bobcats or tractors, mowers, heck even a box truck might be interesting.
    atv's? Dirt bikes? Guns?
    Cash on my end if need be.

This plow is nice and needs a new home.

Dan

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  3. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Time for another bump! Would also trade for a 3pt snowblower or 3pt rough cut mower for a mid sized ag tractor. This thing is pretty nice, and I would even throw in a sub frame for a Kubota M series if you want it.

Dan

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Dan, I'd be interested in the controller.
    Is it all rocker switches or is the u,d,l,r, a joystick