1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 860sw speedwing cutting edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Duramaxallison0, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

Looking at getting new cutting edges for my speedwing. My mount isnt adjustable and it is wearing faster on my wings. Yes I know I can get carbide or double up on the wings but is there any option I can do with the wing edges since they wear at angle? Since stock will be straight and then my middle wont touch. Would just cut them at angle be fine or let them wear till they all touch. What best option here. Ill be doubling up on my wings after I figure this out. Also is there anyone around twin cities in MN that makes cutting edges at good price?

2. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

Would plow shoes help with wearing on wings? Buddy just brought it up to me. Never thought of it. I've always gone barefoot

3. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

any help any one?

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Shoes won't help. Setting your frame height correctly is the only thing that will help. Carbides as well.

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

make sure center height of push beam in no more than 12 inches

6. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

Ill have to measure but only way to make it lowered is to fabricate extensions and braces for the mount correct?

7. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

you can turn your torsion bars a bit. I was able to lower mine a bit using the torsion bars. But have to say that it didnt help much.

8. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

can anyone send me the OEM part number for the main cutting edge .......8600sw

9. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The main edge number is B6157 The right wing is B61611 and the left wing is B61610. It's the same part numbers for the 860 sw and the 8600 sw. Guess thats one thing they didn't change !

, shaun

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011