1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8600 Speedwing Right Wing Issues

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Pinnacle920, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Pinnacle920

Pinnacle920 Junior Member

I recently purchased an 8600 speedwing for my work truck. It was made in 09 and is a PH2. I dont do a ton of plowing and mostly just wanted it for our jobsites and a few small jobs. I finally got everything hooked up and the right wing seems to have some issues. If I extend it to the right the wing will get stuck behind the moldboard. This seems somewhat common from the research I've done on this site. Apparently I can tighten the cable to prevent this. The other issue is that the right side also does not seem to close all the way. The best way to describe this is when the plow is straight, the right ( passenger side) doesnt angle forward as much as the left side. My question is, how is that angle controlled or adjusted? If I adjust the cable will it adjust both? Could the hinge pin be worn and that causes the problem? Are both of these problems linked or two individual issues? I appreciate any help!

2. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

I had nothing but problems with my 8600 SW I ended up replacing it with the 8' straight blade. the wings always where sloppy no matter what you do to the cable. i think the pins that hold the wing on become oblong and mine just broke during a storm. let me know how you make out.