1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 860 SW OucH!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mr.Markus, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Snapped a cable on my speed wing, not a big deal as those of you who have one know.You can finish up plowing and fix when you have time. My last one went 2 yrs ago $120 overpriced but worth it to fix. Just called dealer in Toronto (my dealer went bust) $218 apiece WTF!!!
    Is this what you guys are paying? Overpriced piece at $120. I think this is why most plow guys end up frabricating stuff on their own.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

You can mod the wing so the cable will never snap again.

3. Mr.Markus

Tell me how Yoda.

4. lilweeds

On the back of the wing where the cable attaches is boxed off. Using a plasma cutter cut that section out. Weld in some steel so that when you hit a pile and the wing comes back the bolt doesn't hit the wing. It's that flat piece of metal that breaks the cables.

5. Mr.Markus

I think I understand, the piece closes off when tripped. Got a picture of this mod? So we're on the same page.

6. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

I would think you could have a cable made by someone.

7. lilweeds

I unfortunately do not. I can possibly get one in the next few weeks, or you can get a hold of the blizzard wizard in Erie and he I'm sure has some.

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

kooy likes to charge. I will post some pics of what I am doing to save another wing charge. Well, hopefully I will, going to my welder now.

9. Mr.Markus

Gonna take one to a fabricator friend see what we can come up with, honestly cable with threaded rod. I feel violated. Good design BlizzardWesternfisher ...shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you. Might have to trade up to something with a better dealer network. Joy to plow with but PITA to fix, this blade is 4 yrs old I shouldn't complain too loud, it's moved a lot of snow (except this year).