1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 860 speedwing problem

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by plowboy21, Nov 21, 2007.

1. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

i have a 03 dodge 2500 when the plow is lowerd the wings hold the center mold bord off the ground about 1" the mount is all the way to the bottom should i cut the cuttin gedge on the wings or put 1/2" plate steel on the side with a piece of 1/4 inch to drop the mout on the truck

the truck mount need to be about 3/4 of an inch lower for the plow to sit rigth with the truck but i was thinking of lifting the truck in the spring so i would make the mount drop 3 inches longer so i could just lower the mount after the lift was on:help::dizzy:
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I know all about your problem. I have an 07 f350 with a 860sw and last winter when it was new I had the opposite problem( I think I bought the smallest f350 ever). My wing tips were off the ground over an inch. I had to notch my push bar and the bottom of my bumper. Becasue of this I was only able to 6 of the 8 push bar bolts last winter, no problems. Now since last winter I have lifted the truck 4" ( more like 6" since my factory springs were so short) and lowered the push bar as much as I can. I would have your same problem but my wings are worn from the first season of plowing. If your planning on lifting your truck and the mount is already maxed out, a custom drop might be in order. If you make it work right now once you plow is broke in you'll still be good. Don't cut your edges they cost $ too$ much!!! I guess that the speed wings require a more specific mount height than most plows. Good luck keep us posted!!!

I forgot to add that I am running my stock tires and wheels along with the lift. No need to run nice wheel ,and big tires in the snow!!! With my mount down I am right in blizzard specs!!!
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007