1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810's, two plows into one.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JB LoCo OH, Dec 6, 2013.

1. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

OK, new to site although I've been lurking for a couple of weeks....I have an opportunity to purchase two needing attention 810's to hopefully make one good and ha plow and some spare parts. The first 810 is a '99 that has a bent wing. Plow #2 is a 2004 810 power plow (as is #1) with a bent A frame?, member? How many system parts are interchangeable? Plows worked when put away although the bent wing wouldn't retract. I am good with tools and I have a great mechanic and some technical assistance from a member of a former Blizzard dealer.
    I have a 2004 F-350 Diesel to put it on. I AM in need of a mount. I understand that the lights for these plows stay on the truck but can be removed for the off season. I have been looking at the technical areas for interchangeability but have come up short. Any suggestions? Oh by the way I can get them for about a grand. Thanks...JB :help:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure about the aframes. But I know the 99 is in its own class. It was the first year and the 04 has gone through many changes.
    Go look at them yourself and see how bad they are

3. Whitey

Whitey Member

I have a complete 2005 set up with mount and wiring for your truck. Complete in good condition with brand new cutting edges, ready to work. looking to get about $2500 if your interested.

4. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Thanks for the replies. JB

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The ones in 1999 were junk!

What are they asking for both?

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

04 is arguably the best of the 810's. Last true pre D&D plows. The 99 is in a league of it's own and I really don't think anything is the same between them, but I could be wrong. If the a frames are the same swap em out and plow on.

7. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Is the 99 model the only model that has the 4 hydraulic lines going to each wing?

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

99-02, 99 and 2000 are diff manifolds with Parker valves

9. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

OK, The former owner said that it is NOT a 99 but a 2000. The other one is a 2004. I understand that the A frames are the same. Just getting started with the switch or straightening the a frame. Will keep you posted.

10. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

It appears that the draw hydraulic cylinder on the 2004 A frame is bigger than the draw cylinder of the 2000. Anyone else notice this, or am I (or my wrench) imagining this?

JB

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Might be bigger diameter, length is the same

12. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Mechanic says that the cylinder (2004) might not fit into 2000 A frame. Still checking it out.

JB

13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

It will fit

14. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

I hope you're right fastjohnny. Thanks.

JB

15. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

fastjohnny- Just got back from the plow...The larger cylinder did fit into the older A frame. You da man! We got the wing off as well, found a busted spring. Will have to get one on order asap. Thanks. Will try to post some pics tomorrow.

JB :drinkup:

16. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Get 4 meyer trip springs and eye bolts, and use these, 2 per wing.

17. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

One thing I have noticed on the older blades with twin cylinders on each wing is that they are tough, seems as though we are always changing out a ram on the single cylinder wings, one good hit is all it takes to bend the ram enough to keep it from fully retracting, and that old blade keeps going year after year with never a problem, could be just the driver, but those old blades are still contenders

18. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I have never changed out a wing cylinder yet. 5 blizzards and not a one. How bad are you guys hitting curbs?

19. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

cl, adjust your relief valves.

20. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Have you confirmed your lines aren't backwards causing you to not have functional relief valves? Some assemblers/dealers that did this tried to fix this by flipping the wing switches which made the plow function but not have relief function.