1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810pp dolly/cart

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SnowGuy73, Dec 17, 2012.

1. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Wondering if anyone has made a dolly or cart for a Blizzard 810? :confused:

I have a spare sitting in the shop that would be nice to move without having to hook it up everytime. wesport

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I use 3 harbor freight movers dollies (7.99 when on sale) Everything in the shop are on these dollies,4 plows,ss buckets ,forks ,sanders, rockhound etc. Everything that can't be lifted by hand is on wheels.They even work on my 10' mc 1400lbs

3. SnowGuy73

Tried those.... Lets just say it didn't work out as I planned!

IMAG0077.jpg

4. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

I see L.O.L.

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Set it on a pallet when taking it off the truck and move it with a pallet jack. Thumbs Up I had a dolly built years ago for one, but find the pallet and jack work just as well.

6. leigh

from CT

Ha ha .I did the same to one, i was dropping my brother in laws boss v on.I just screw a 2x4 to it or a piece of plywood to the top.If money was no object you can spend hundreds,if time wasn't an object you can fab one that's indestructable.I'll stick to 7.99 and and a few repairs!

7. SnowGuy73

That is kind of what I was thinking and looking for, cheap and quick.

wizardsr, I like the idea of the pallet but I don't have a pallet jack.

8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I use the same dollies from harbor freight as pictured. The only diffrence is i put plywood on top and 2x4 runners for the cutting edge to sit in. I also have two sets of steel car dollies from harbor frieght tool they work much better than the wood ones do to higher weight capcity.

9. SnowGuy73

Well........ I said F*ck it!

It can sit where it is.... That or I will have my welder make something for me.

IMAG0083.jpg

10. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I've used 3 of those for years. Only problems I have is the wheels catching grud and being hard to push. Gonna make one out of pallets this year. That way when I want to stack them back up on my pallet shelf I can.

11. SnowGuy73

That is what we did at our old shop, put them on pallets for the summer and then used the skid loader to place them on the top shelf of pallet racking.

However we downsized big time this fall and now I no longer have 18 foot ceilings.

12. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

I bought a set of snowmobile dollies. $30 for the set. Made of steel and not wood. They work ok. Dont slide the easiest but they do work.

13. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Is that 810 on a 2500hd? If so how does it handle the weight? I have a chance to pickup a complete 810 setup for my 2500 hd, but I'm insure of the weight issue on the front end.

14. SnowGuy73

It handles the weight just fine. I have two 2500s, one regular/long box, and one crew long box and both do very well. I have timbrens in both of them so the hardly sag at all.

15. unclebob

unclebob Junior Member
    from Kansas

I have a set (3) of "Rol-A-Blade Caster Set". Each set has a groove for the blade, 4 casters and holds 350 lbs each. I keep my 8600SW on them and roll them around in a shop with a concrete floor and sand that blows in. Easy to move by myself and roll up to the truck to attach.

One on each end of the straight blade, and the third I place underneath to hold the mount when it detaches.

About $70 for a set on different sites, and well worth it.

Mike

16. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I crushed a set of those with an 810. Maybe your speedwing is barely light enough for them but they're not heavy duty enough for an 810.

17. SnowGuy73

Yup, same here I folded those up like a cheap lawn chair. I had hope them, mostly because of the price i thought they would last.. I was wrong.

18. leigh

from CT

I'm not sure what you guys are doing to destroy those harbor freight dollys.2 under the blade,1 under foot.Let the plow down easy and you should be good to go!If you'd like I will make an instructional video to help out! Of course ther will be a small fee involved for production costs payup

19. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

No ****. I have since used my small ones for salt spreaders and other stuff. But my 810s only have 1 of the big ones in the middle of the blade and a small one on the lift arm. Nothing else and they move around no problem.