1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8100PP

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by commercial_scag, Dec 13, 2014.

1. commercial_scag

commercial_scag Junior Member

I have a Blizzard 8100PP for sale. It was bought new in 2009 and is in pretty decent shape. The plow and frame are straight and there is no major damage. The only damage is the top of the one wing is bent, but it has no impact on how the wing moves. The cutting edge is in decent shape and everything works as it should. I will include the wiring and the controller as well. This plow came off a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500. The truck and truckside plow mount were damaged in an accident during the summer. That is why we are selling it, we do not have a truck to attach this to. I have been extremely happy with this plow as it has saved so much time during plowing. I am willing to negotiate the price. Starting at $4500.

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

2. commercial_scag

Here are more pictures.

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

3. commercial_scag

4. commercial_scag

$4200 is the new price O.B.O

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Whoever buys this better make sure to get this unit to an experienced dealer. There is a MANDATORY RECALL on this plow that was NOT done. Additionally, I can spot 3 more product improvements that have also not been addressed on this plow. I suggest you make any buyer VERY aware of this information as they are safety issues.

6. commercial_scag

What are these issues then? My dealer has never informed me of any issues.

7. commercial_scag

Still waiting to hear about these issues. This plow has been to the dealer for general preventative maintenance in the past and they have not mentioned anything about a recall.

8. commercial_scag

I realize that people may now be skeptical to buy this, so I will take ANY REASONABLE offer. Also, if anyone can inform me of these "RECALLS" that were "NOT" done, please let me know.

9. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Sorry, don't check this site daily or get emails about threads. Just check at my leisure.

MANDITORY RECALL: This plow still has the old style mount adapter. These adapters were required to be recalled, replaced with an updated mount adapter and the old one destroyed.

Safety Update: All Blizzard plows with this type of hitch pin assembly were able to have the hitch pin assemblies replaced at zero cost for parts. Dealers were offered the parts at no cost and could replace them when they saw the plows in for service or could supply them to their customers for self installation.

Product Improvement: Draw latch assembly has been updated multiple times for strength. Oldest style present on this plow.

Product Improvement: Mount adapter hair pins were replaced with R pins to keep them from shearing. This plow does not have the correct mount adapter pins or the newer R pins.

Your buyer must know this information as they are SAFETY issues and need to be addressed.

That said, this is a very clean 2009 plow. It appears to have been very lightly used. The parts that need to be addressed are not expensive. I would expect the total for parts to be less than $500. Labor is simple but could cost a couple hundred at a dealer. It is still going to be a good buy for someone.

10. commercial_scag

Thanks for the update. I'm surprised that my dealer didn't mention any of this. It has been there every year exempt for last year for fluid changes and a once over.

11. commercial_scag

Knowing that there are parts that need updating, I'll bring the price down to $3900

12. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

So if it's for safety issues, why isn't DD/Blizzard paying for all the parts and labor?

Another reason not to buy their ****.

That's a clean plow for 5 years old!

13. commercial_scag

The plow has not been used a lot due to the fact that we don't get a bunch of snow every year. It probably gets used half as much as those folks in the northern or northeast parts of the country.

14. commercial_scag

Lowering the price to $3800

15. commercial_scag

Anybody interested in making an offer?

16. commercial_scag

I would consider delivering as long it is a reasonable distance.

17. commercial_scag

Still available for $3700

18. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Wow killer deal for someone. Wish it could fit on my truck.

19. commercial_scag

Surprised nobody is interested. Maybe $3600 will do it, or make an offer.

20. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

It's not snowing for most people, which hurts your chances. Also, you may want to make all the necessary fixes as were mentioned by the dealer. Not saying you have to, just that it might help, who knows.