1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8100 Seems Low

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by milanboy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. milanboy

milanboy Junior Member
    from Zeeland

Just bought a new Blizzard 8100 Power Plow. Had one of my guys pick it up from the dealer and when he got back to the shop, I immediately noticed that the plow was very low. The blade in the full upright position was between 5 and 6 inches off the ground. This plow is on a 2014 Ram 2500. I have a 2012 Ford F250 that has the same plow on it and it sits much higher. The strange thing is, the Ram's front end is higher off the ground than the F250 to start with.

I inspected the mount on the Ram and it seemed to be pointing down (not level) like it was on our other one on the F250. On top of this, since the mount isn't level, the light rack points down towards the ground and the lights only shine about 12-15 feet in front of the truck. I know the lights are adjustable, but the light rack shouldn't be that far forward. We called the dealer and he is insisting that it is correct and he did everything properly with the install. My question is does anyone have a Blizzard 8100 on a Ram 2500 (new style)? and if so, how far off the ground does the plow sit in the full up position. Is the light rack leaning forward or at a 90 degree angle to the ground? Also, any ideas on how to remedy the problem? The dealer refuses to admit its wrong and it looks like I'm going to have to fix it myself.
  2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Measure the dogbones. Are they the long or short?? (we can tell you after you measure) If you take the crossbar off the Ford and put it on the Dodge and mount the plow is it any higher?? the ground to the mounting holes for the crossbar should be 16 1/2 inches if I remember correctly. You can take off the dogbones and mount the crossbar and see how the plow sits. If you go to the blizzard site, look up the publications section under service and it will give you the dimensions of the holes from the ground so you can see if you are at the right height. Remember, this will effect your plow cutting edge angle.
  3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

A picture would be very helpful.

No, we did not put any 33885 mounts on a 2014 Dodge this year. I don't remember anything like you are describing on any of the earlier trucks that the 33885 fits.
  4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Something stupid to look for is to make sure both feet are in the up position and the long rods that connect to the feet and twist in near the cylinder are out.
  5. milanboy

milanboy Junior Member
    from Zeeland

Turns out the dealer had installed the spacers, which set the mount and therefore the plow way too low. I took out 2 bolts and the spacers, that raised the angle and the plow up. Now the blade in the upright position is a little over 11 inches off the ground. To check that it wasn't too high, I put the wings in the scoop position and set the plow down. All points of the blade touch the ground at the same time now. Thanks for the help everyone.