1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by koko1485, Dec 25, 2007.

1. koko1485

koko1485 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I Have A 810 Its A 2001 0r 2002, The Hoses Need Replaced But The Center Pins That Hold The Wing Cylinders Are Stuck And I Cant Get Them Out
    It Shows Them Being Pinned I Removed Pins And Still Cant Budge Even With Big Hammer, Any Suggestions .do They Come Out From Top Or Bottom?
    Thanks
    Koko1485

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

bigger hammer

iirc mine put up a hell of a fight

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I think you are referring to the slide box pins....

If the pins have never been out and were never antiseized when installed, you'll probably end of cutting them out with a sawzall and drilling the remains of the pin out of the end of the cylinder.

If you have a welder, you may try welding a large nut on the end of the pin and using an impact on it to try to free it up.

Needless to say, also use penetrating oil, I have had some recent luck with Kano brand in aerosol.

BTW, they need to come out the top.

Good Luck