1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Feb 12, 2006.

1. right now i have a boss and im thinking about getting the 810 blizzard wondering what you guys think of these blades are they good or not. i use to have the LD blizzard and liked that.

2. chazg33

chazg33 Member

i got the 810 this year,its a great plow it cut 20-25 percent of plow time off my commerical lots,its great,i only had one problem i bent a wing,but found out the dealer installed the hoses backwards,and i bent the cylinder,they covered it,it wasnt able to bleed off the pressure,other wise no problems works great now,but disappointed on the paint flaking off and rusting,but that has been a on going problem for years,

3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

I love my 810.... best plow i ever owned

4. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Do a search on here for Blizzard 810s. I've seen alot of problem threads on it this winter.

5. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

yes id look around and read some of these threads on blizzards,, i dont think id buy one,

6. brad welch

brad welch Member

yes the 810 is a really good plow and it will cut your plow time down by quite a bit.. this years models have had a couple of problems that have been adressed by blizzard.. 1 is the welding in of a spacer bracket on the wing boxes to eliminate overextension of the wings..this can cause a bent wing or cylinder.. 2 people assembling the plows are crossing the wing cylinder hoses and this will not let the cushion valve do its job and again bent wings or cylinders..previos years had a 3/8 fitting and a 1/4 inch fitting--this year they both have same fittings and are easy to cross. i have adressed both problems with this years plows and have since had no problems or warranty claims..i have a 4 year old 810 that i have just changed oil on so far and am happy with it. i also have western, myers, fisher and even an old bonnell plow that i use.. i like my 810 best..face it 8 or 10 ft plows will all plow about the same but when using the wings in a scoop position or as the leading edge when windrowing...this is where the time difference is BIG plus being able to downsixe for say a drivethru and then upsize for the rest of the lot makes it nice..no need for two trucks.. i am a blizzard dealer and like their plows ..

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Brad Welch,
    You say your a blizzard dealer so i'll ask you...How much for a blizzard 810 power plow? What kind of warranty they got???

8. chazg33

chazg33 Member

J&R hey give storks automotive a call there in bernville pa,at the beginning of the season he was selling them for 4350.00,ask for gene,he might have some left, installation is extra...

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I will do that... You got a # for that place?????

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The 810 is a great plow, a real time saver. However the cutting edges are sh*t, we have only had five plowable snows this year and both of the 810 need new cutting edges, only about an 1 1/2" of blade left. At $400.00 each, I'm thinking I might be going back to Western..:nod:

11. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Keep the BOSS with pro wings much better setup.

12. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Epic,

How have you burned through your cutting edges in only 5 plowable snows? I have an 810 that it 2 years old an on an F450 and the edges are no just starting to get bad. I have about 12-18 hrs of work when we get anything over 2-3 inches? Something seems to be wrong there.

Ken

13. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Brad welch......name sounds familiar;) :D

I will say that when my blizzard has worked it works GREAT and will do better than a V with wings. Seems this year their quality controll guy has been asleep at he wheel. I have had a few small issues each storm that has put my blade outa commision and it has been VERY ANOYING. But each time I have found that my dealer and blizzard has been great to work with. A quick call and or maybe an email and they have sent me the parts.....granted on of the parts was jacked up and if I didnt have a plasma cutter I woulda been screwed but as it was it took longer to let the paint dry than it did to fix the plow.......witch reminds me.....I need to get my dealer my seriel number for the warantee stuff......sorry I forgot brad :eek::

I think I have all the issues ironed out.

I know it sucks big time to have to fix something thats new buuuuuut. If you are close to a dealer that is good or you have a deccent shop yourself with a welder etc I would probably go with this years still. If not I wouldnt since it seems to be a crap shoot with em right now. There are a few things I would change on em.....get the taller light tower for an 8611 if you can, stock one is a bit short. I welded a peice of cutting edge onto the wing edge to double up that area. Do this IMO. Thier directions suck but the balde is a realy simple install. Put some blade stops on it too.....there arnt any angle stops from the factory.....you whack something hard and the cylinder is what stops it and then you end up with a jacked cylinder pin and have fun getting that dude out. And the hose routing is a PITA......I covered my hoses with big wire loom and covered em going through the pushbar with rubber inner tubing.

14. brad welch

brad welch Member

gotta follow those directions exactly dont you !! i learned on the first few plows..if you dont they dont work or go together properly.. glad your plow works right now.. hey i still do need those warranty numbers ..glad to help but i dont want to pay for what i didnt do.. give me a call when you get them ok... man i wish it would snow..2 plows all year really sucks i wanna go play ..

15. brad welch

brad welch Member

810 cost

an 810 usually goes for 4595 installed or 4295 carry out.. i have 1 demonstrator model 810 [ 2004 model--the perfect year for 810s ]that is assembled but never filled or used i would take 4000 for with a base controller and undercarriage.. it has a little overspray and dirt but is still new.warranty is 2 years on pump and 1 year plow i believe.. they are pretty good about taking care of problems and being reasonable on warranty issues..that may or may not change now that douglas dynamics/ western bought them out. i got a feeling the smaller dealers like me are gonna get the corporate ax..

16. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I'm thinking the same thing. Ours is 2 years old and now is just starting to show a little age. We have some big com lots also????

it's a GREAT plow and saves tons of time!!!!

17. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

brad welch,

You say your a blizzard dealer and your selling a 2004 810 for $4000.00? Is that correct? If so I have a 2005 blade and would much rather have the 2004. I have a 2004 on my F450 and never had any problems, like it alot but my 2005 on my F350 is not flying. I would just need the blade and nothing else. My blade has been used 3 times. Are you looking to get rid of the plow? Was wondering if you wanted to work something out? My email is newlooklandscp@aol.com Thanks.

Ken

18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have no idea, I have got about 1 1/2" left, Needless to say I'm not real happy with this plow.

19. chazg33

chazg33 Member

J&R landscaping the number to storks is 610-488-1450 ask for gene,sorry i got back to you so late,

20. DJC

DJC Senior Member

First you say it's a great plow and now you say your not happy???:dizzy: