1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by extremsnomobile, Dec 17, 2004.

1. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

blizzard 810 sounds like a good plow for doing a combo of driveways and streets wat do u all think.

02 duramax 2500 hd

2. wls

wls Senior Member

we like the one we got alot :)

3. 810F250

810F250 Junior Member

All smiles here too. switch urethane this year.

4. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

wat do u mean by switch urethane this year?????????????????? :confused:

sounds like a plan to me on hte plow though :gunsfiring:

5. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

the 810 is the best plow i have ever worked with..... cuz in scoop you still have 9'3'' and normal v's you get what maybe 7'5''?? .. we have 2 v's and we are getting rid of the 2 v's and ordering 2 810's next yr and or maybe the 811? i cant member the bigger one

6. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

8611 are the 2 truck models that i no of
    and the straigth blades 720,860

yea with the v u also have to watch out caus u have all that extra plow up front when in v mode

u have 7 feet of blade with a v blade and 9'3" with the blizzard

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  7. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

YA 8611 i had a brain fart lol

And plus when your in V mode the edge wears alot faster on teh ends cuz of teh weight up front

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Just remember that the sliding Blizzard design has more to go wrong with it that a standard V plow, so you'll need to be careful. They are plenty durable it seems, but I could see it being easy enough to tweak a slider and while a V-plow will still operate with a bent wing, the Blizzard may not.

9. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

i no plent of metal workers and im in school for metal working so i no how to work with it

10. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

bent wing worst comes to worst remove and keep plowing. but the way this winter is shaping up i dont know if i'll ever get to use mine :cry:

11. derekbroerse

Why not see if you can get a few friends together for a 'class project' and build a plow from scratch? Now THAT would be cool.... I've always wanted to but never had the time.

12. Robo

Robo Senior Member

Seems like you could develope something really cool and perhaps incorporate all of the "pluses" of the major manufacturers to build a "super plow" :nod:

13. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

that would cost a lil more then i have or my school would fund

14. derekbroerse

If that is the case, how do you intend to purchase a complete, ready to go one? Materials to build one would be significantly cheaper than a finished plow... :cool:

15. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

umm cause im nto buying it for me. im researching for my dad. and i have things and welding tests i have to do in school and i have emt training some nights so im kinda busy and dont have that kinda time. im also preping sence its almost snomobile season