1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsyonker, Jul 22, 2004.

1. jsyonker

jsyonker Junior Member

I'm currently pricing a Blizzard 810 Power Plow for an F250SD and have found a price range from $4100.00 installed to $4600.00 installed. Anyone know the suggested retail on this plow? I'm all about saving a buck or two. Thanks:)
  2. wls

wls Senior Member

I heard, installed price of around 4600.00 in the mid-mich area, where did you hear it for 4100.00? thanks
  3. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

i have a 810 on since jan 03...got ir right b4 that 24inch storm...i'll never use anything else..the power wings set this plow above the rest..i paid 4375 plus tax installed.. the only con to it is the rocker panel control..i would prefer a joystick..and at the time you couldnt get the touch pad...if you can get it for 4100 go for it...at first i thoght it was too expensive but if you go for a western or fischer..it'll be 3500 or so and add the cost of putting on wings..and thats a couple of hundred..and they arent even power and your close to 4000..go for the bzrd you wont be disappointed...
  4. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

I'm also looking heavily at this plow. What are some of the other pro's and con's?? This will be a big investment for me. I live in Missouri, I know I could have paid for it last year, but who knows what the weather will do this winter...
  5. jsyonker

jsyonker Junior Member

I printed out the michigan dealer directory and started calling around. Most of the places selling them for $4108 installed are up North. I got this quote from Benchley Bros. GMC, LaHaie's Auto Center, and Cramblit's Welding. North Country Sales quoted me $4134 + Tax. I have just put a deposit on one that's $4600 installed with tax here in lower michigan. Dealer location is worth the extra money though. Several of the dealers that I have called don't even have this years prices yet.
  6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

$4499.00 installed plus tax. Pay before August 15, 2004 recieve a 2 % discount for pre-season.

7. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

I realy do not like the touch pad control that the Blizzards come with. You always have to look down at the pad. So now I just keep it as a backup to my joystick controller that I bought.
  8. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i am buying mine tommoro but wont be installed for a couple weeks 4600 installed. no tax in NH
  9. jsyonker

jsyonker Junior Member

I just purchased my 810. I have to say that I am quite impressed by the looks of the plow and the design. I am looking forward to our first heavy snow. I can see why anyone who uses this plow would never go back to a v-plow. The thing is wide. Wider is better. :eek:
  10. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

Anybody use this to plow banks. Particularly the drive thrus?
    Will the 810 work or should I be looking at a V plow?
  11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you might want to measure the distance between the drive thru islands. i know my truck barely fits and dont even try to make it thru with my plow on.
  12. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

Does anybody plow banks?
  13. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I did 2 bank accounts in the past and all the drive thrus had clearance for an 8 ft blade.
  14. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Measure before it snows or you may get to buy the bank a new bollard, or yourself some new mirrors.