1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rtm038, Dec 17, 2003.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hello all,
    Lately I've been thinking about getting a new plow for my 2004 3500HD Dodge Ram (HO Cummins/auto). I currently run an 8' Fisher MM2, which is a great plow, but I was thinking about upgrading to a plow that has more features. I've looked at the 8' Boss Super Duty series blades with the SmartHitch2 and they look real nice and have received good feedback from current owners. I was looking at one on eBay for $2300 (off a 2003 2500HD Ram), but I guess the guy sold it locally because he ended the auction early. Anyway, so on a wim, I stopped my local Blizzard dealer to check out an 810 with the extendable wings and after seeing a demo, I was pretty impressed. The dealer quoted me around $5,053 installed w/ taxes (6%) included. Is this a good price?

Thanks
    Ryan

2. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I got mine for $4200 installed last year.Your price seems alittle high ,I've been hearing about guys getting them for $3700.

3. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Installed with taxes at this time of year is not out of the ball park. You will love the plow and it will make you payup

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I too feel that $5,000+ is a lot to spend on a plow and that's why I haven't given the dealer the O.K. just yet. However, it is late in the season and I was kind of expecting to pay full boat. Thanks for the replys.

Ryan

5. redrocket

redrocket Junior Member

I just picked up an 810 in chicago for 4450 cash and carry with tax. It better snow soon.

6. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

That isn't out of the ballpark. We got ours for 4500, and installed it ourselves. when you take tax out, you are only paying about 100 more than us. You can also save a couple hundred bucks and install it yourself. It really isn't hard. I am 17 and installed our in about 8 hours total, electrical assembly, and mounting. I just took my time, and made sure everything was right (about 2.5 of those hours are because of a valve that wasn't adjusted properly, just turn it to adjust, but I didn't know so I took half the plow apart:rolleyes: ) So really, 5 hours. The directions are really pretty easy, and it also lets you get to know your plow.

Also, any pics of the new truck?

7. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture within my reply. Any help?

Thanks
    Ryan

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003
  8. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Press the IMG button, and put the url/link in there, and then hit ok.

9. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Still not working. All I get is the small white box w/ the red "X" in the center.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003
  10. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Do you have the pic on a web hosting site? Also, is it in jpg form? If neither works for you, email or link me to the site, and I'll post it for you. nhorne@iastate.edu

11. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek Member
    from Ky

3800.00 and I mounted it 3 weeks ago , hes making tidy profit