1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phillyplowking1, May 1, 2003.

1. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Im lookin at a truck with ablizzard 810.How does everyone like these plows ? To me they look really strong,but there looks like a lot of moving parts.
  2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Search my young jedi knight, there are lots of answers.....

I haven't had any true issues in 300 hours of use from February till May of this year.

Next years models reduce by two cylinders, 4 valves, 4 hoses and have a stiffer light bar setup.

I have ran the wings into curbs with ZERO problems. I think others will chime in the same.

I have an invested interest in Blizzard plows, so my opinion is biased, but I think alot of others will chime in with more positive responses.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Philly, Got stopped by a customer this morning. Last fall he had wanted to put a straight 8' blade on and I suggested he demo an 810. He plowed a couple of times and came in an paid the difference.

Today he wanted to thank me again for suggesting the 810 vs the straight blade. Was doing the work of 2 other trucks because of reduced cleanup.

Guys like him are why I hang and repair plow's for a living. The extra parts are a small price to pay for the improvement in performance and reduction in time to do the job's.

Unless I had to do alot of fire lanes or long narrow driveways I wouldn't plow with anything else.........Except adding a Sidewing to the truck also.

p.s. What kind of truck?????
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Jerre - I just replied to his other thread asking about the truck.It is a 2001 chevy ext cab dually,with the Duramax\Allison.

Any place I can find some info on the new upcoming models for the Blizzard ?
  5. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Yea the trucks a 2001 chevy 3500 ext cab 4x4 dually with the duramax and allison.Its a pretty nice truck and its a friend of mines so i know he took care of it.
  6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Chris, Howard pretty well hit the big changes. They are adding gussets and some slide box changes to help snow/slush exit easily ( yes it does get in ). There are some improvements coming in the paint process and some of the prep work that will really improve the looks. Going back to Arrow lights I like the style better hopefully the public will to. Call me for more info on the line if you want. In the shop most days and the cell is always on. Jerre
  7. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

I currently run three plow trucks and in a eight inch storm all three would normaly be running like mad to keep up. This year we put a Blizzard 810 on my 01 f-250 and ran two trucks all year while one stayed in the shop as a spare. When a storm ended at say 10:00 p.m. I would go out myself and plow till 6:00 a.m. and be done. All I had left was sanding the lots. This plow is a work horse. And I have had zero problems.
  8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Thanks Jerre.I'll have to call and chat sometime.