1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 won't lift high enough

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mustang, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

I have a 810 on a 2007 F550. I can not get this plow to lift more than 4 inches or so off the ground. The latch is not blocking the lift. Any ideas on what's going on?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Worn lifting arm pins, holes etc.
    Broken pins in the lift cylinder bracketry.
    Low fluid

Long shot but is the draw latch locking arm down?
  3. damian

damian Senior Member

Dieseless is right, when plow is off the truck, grab the lift arm and move it up and down ,see how much play is in everything. Check the 3 small lift arm pins,lift arm weldment and side plates etc for egged holes and dont forget to see if your undercarriage/adapter beam is bent pointing down or loose egged frame mounting bolts.
  4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Or your mount is pointing down , the lift cylinder only extends so far , if your push bar bolts are loose and allowing it to tip forward it will affect lift height, the worn components mentioned above have the same effect , if you arent worn that bad in the claw and your push bar is pointed down, a quick fix patch is to slide a piece of angle iron in behind the claw where it hooks onto the push bar, the sooner the claw clamps up the sooner it starts to lift
  5. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

I'll check this out. Thanks for the help.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

John, they're right, even a bent pin will reduce lifting height.
  7. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

Thanks, Mark. Hope all is well.