1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 wings stuck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Douglas Hands, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

OK I got the plow mounted and it works great except the wings are stuck. How can I retreat them to non operating position. Mostly plowing roads so wont need wings once I get them in....Thank you in advance

2. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

ITS A POWER HITCH 1 model

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your pressing the retract buttons correct?

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hahahahah!

Lets not assume things here, this Plowsite!

5. dieselss

LMAO. Yep. And pictures, or it never happened

6. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Yes I am pressing the retract button. Up and down work great. Right and left work fine also. When I bought the plow the guy told me the wings were stuck and he was right. Just trying to find out how to go about retracting them.

7. SnowGuy73

Right on, right on!

8. SnowGuy73

Have you checked the relays?

You might want to give more info in your future posts things like " when I bought it the guy said the wings were stuck" can be important information.....

9. dieselss

So there stuck out. What happens when you press retract? Does anything happen? Solenoid kick in?

10. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

they should wiggle or do something if the solenoids are activated, maybe they are really rusted up in the slide box

11. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Solenoid does not kick in. It is as if there is no power to that switch at all. Sorry to sound like a moron (lol) but really not mechanically inclined. Build homes not mechanic. As far as rust it is clean

12. SnowGuy73

Try a new controller. Use a fluke meter and see if there is power at the plug when you retract.

13. dieselss

Do you hear a click when you go to expand the wing's?

14. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

No Sir. There is nothing. Not familiar with Blizzards at all. Had a Western 8ft. couple years ago with cable system. This is a different beast all together

15. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

The wing on drivers side is in for the most part. When I took the plow off the back off my truck (purchased it ) The passenger side pulled out while unloading. I have the control box with individual switches. no joystick

16. dieselss

So its either no pwr in to the switches, no pwr out, or no pwr at valves test light time

17. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

ALL the rest of switches work fine.....up/down....left/right....Ill see what I can come up with.....Thanks for info. Will try to get a pic up soon

18. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Take the hoses off and bang them in with a hammer.

19. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Here's how I did it when my pump went. Just take off or crack open hoses and crank the strap or a cumalong, it will come right in.

pump 004.jpg

20. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Thanks Leigh. Never thought bout that. Once I get them in I have no need for them......Used to a straight plow anyways.