1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 wing problem

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Nuttymopar, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

My right wing doesn't want to extend out at all? I think it is trying as the lights dim when I push the button both ways. I can hear is screaming at me so it sounds like it is trying to push it. I had it freeze once last year on the inside piston but not a problem this year but I turned my 110 btu salamander on it for 30 minutes the other night and no go still. Could the line be frozen? I did have a line blow (different hose) and just filled with ATF to bring it up to normal. Worked great a couple of weeks ago when we got our first snowfall. Now just sitting and it did dip into the negative numbers for a couple of days, no go. Rest of everything works great. Any way to check line without pulling everything apart since one end is inside the plow (real pain to get to it looks like). Everything done outdoors.... BURRR.

Thanks, Scott

2. blizzardplowman

blizzardplowman Junior Member

Scott- Have someone else run the plow while you stand outside- look to see if the wing tries to move- if not pull the cover and disconect to red wire to the pump- then have someone push the botton while you use a metal screw driver to check if the coil ( see inside cover for list) has magnetic pull if so your wiring is fine and then you need to check for a bent valve or a object in the slide box. If you need more help drop me a e-mail blizzardplowman@direcway.com
    Marty

3. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

Thanks Marty. That did the trick. Sure enough, S02 was not putting out any juice. Then just as I was putting the cover back on, I noticed that the connector for all the wires didn't look right. Sure enough, that one wire had come unplugged (pulled out) from the socket. Pushed it back in, secured the connector to something so it wasn't wiggling around in there and all is good now. It must of happened a few days ago when I was working on a broken line. I did swing the whole assembly up and out of the way. I will be checking them all after doing any work on it in the future.

Scott

4. blizzardplowman

blizzardplowman Junior Member

Anytime- glad to help. I am a dealer in Wisconsin so if you have any questions drop me a line and I'll try to point in the right direction.
    Marty