1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810...Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SnowGuy73, Sep 16, 2007.

1. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hello guys, I'm wonder what you think that an almost brand new Blizzard 810 is worth. Heres the story, I just bought a 2007 chevy 2500 with the 810 on it. I want to remove, sell and replace it with a C-Plow. Like I said its brand new, well I'm sure that the dealer may have played with it a little but it came new on the new truck. So what do you think I could get out of it? Power plows are selling new at the Blizzard dealers up here for right around $6000 installed. Thanks in advance.

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

$4500.00 cash, It would be better for you to keep it and try it out. I switched over and have 2 of them and love them.

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

$6000 is stupid money. Around here it was down to $4500-$5000 last winter. I think the C-plow is kind of neat, but I wouldn't trade my 810 for a dozen of them. Keep the Blizzard, once you learn what it can do, I guaran-frickin'-tee you you will love it. You can move so much more snow, about the only plus to the C-plow is backdragging away from residential garage doors. But the 810 is so heavy it backdrags pretty darn well. Just had to throw my $0.02 in. I think you'd be crazy to make a swap like that.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe I should have went a little deeper into this. I still have a truck with a 810 on it. Yes they are great for commerical and strait plowing, but for doing driveways and back dragging they suck. Thats why I need the C-Plow.

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I do driveways with mine. It works great as long as the driveway is big enough to get my dually in. And I find the nearly half a ton of plow back drags great. Far better than any of the Fishers I've owned. Maybe we get different snow here.

6. jhook

jhook Senior Member

810 is the best driveway plow I ever used. :nod: